Sunday, August 1, 2021

The Brook Reading Podcast Volume III Is On Construction Tales!!!

Hello Everyone! I'm very excited to announce that Melissa Sak, the host of the Brook Reading Podcast, has just released Volume III from her series on History of Women. Melissa is the author of "Turning Point" that is available on Amazon as an e-book and paperback. Here is the link to pick up her book Turning Point on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Turning-Point-Melissa-Sak/dp/1456562835 I am truly honored to hear Melissa offer a review of my book #ConstructionTales on her podcast episode. Melissa thanked me for my previous review on some random podcast episodes that I had previously peeped. You're quite welcome. I like my budding relationship with Melissa a lot and appreciate her edgy delivery. I appreciate her overview on my book where she offered some highlights and quoted some of my advice. She shared some of my stories from the various jobsites that were funny. Yes, you must match the sarcasm of others and be willing to give and receive some practical jokes on the job. I truly appreciate where she had offered some highlights yet didn't give the store away. :P I thank Melissa for trying to envision what I was going through during that time period as a new widow with multiple jobs. I had my juggling act with college, apprentice school, my electrical job as well as my other part time work. Truth be told, I don't think I have the same energy levels to do all of what I did, while in my 20's, today. For a period of about 6 months to a year, I worked 120 hours a week. I used to close my eyes and take a nap while waiting at a red light. Quite a few times the person behind me honked the horn to wake me up. By the time I passed my Connecticut E2 electrical license exam, I was able to quit the multiple jobs and go with just one job. My goal for the book was to be able to share what it took to keep my house that I had just bought. I shared some of the kindness of my co-workers, who found out by word of mouth, that I was a widow and a single mom. It shows an evolution from being the young girl who almost everyone avoided to the peer that became "one of the guys" on the job. I believe that I was a warrior and not a victim as a young woman with tough challenges to face and overcome. I never want anyone to think I was crying about the behavior and actions of others. I was merely documenting it. Melissa Sak announced that the answers to my posed questions, from my previous post on my review of her podcast, are coming to me very soon to add to the review so I can post and share with you all. In case you missed it, I am re-sharing my review of the Brook Reading Podcast below: MY REVIEW: I appreciated listening to her content as a new "brookworm". I just checked out where Melissa is from and she is from Scotch Plains, New Jersey. She is literally only 44-miles away from me here in New York City! I may have to get my co-host Melissa P. and schedule a road trip where we sit down and do a collaboration together in person. The older I get, the more I appreciate rubbing elbows with fellow strong women. Not a woman with a big mouth who barks a lot trying to control people and get her way. I can usually see behind that facade of bullshit and I don't respect it. I vibe well with women who are honest, fair, hard-working, not looking to scheme a man, and enjoying their best life in an upbeat, positive manner. Any woman who claims they are independent can't have their hands in the pocket of a man. I appreciate strong women who are about handling their own business, not afraid to speak honestly on their observations, confident enough to lift other women up, and serve as a mentor for young girls growing up and trying to find their voice. This is the impression that I get from Melissa's work and I like it. She has a soothing yet firm voice that is professional laced with some honest observations and a lil potty mouth edge. I shared with her that I appreciated her take on Thomas Jefferson who was our 3rd U.S. president from 1801 to 1809. I howled when I heard she said, "I didn't know that Jefferson was a basic bitch, but apparently he was". Melissa was referring to Thomas Jefferson's preferred drink was a white wine spritzer. I do find it humorous that one of the early leaders of the free world is a wine spritzer kind of guy. I envision our founding fathers having a wad of chewing tobacco in their mouths while sipping vodka at room temperature right out the bottle like a Viking! I am a huge fan of the little odd facts about public figures. I am encouraging Melissa to venture on and find more of that content for future episodes and tag me on Twitter so I can peep it. Based upon her content, I gather that Melissa is a modern day feminist. She offers her view of the world within that light and not afraid to take a stand on her few. She encourages other women to shine and is very confident with that delivery. I can't say it enough. I truly appreciate her taking the time to review my work and share it with her audience. She even promoted it in her podcast! I have attempted to cross promote and collaborate with other women in the past. It was hinted that they feared my work would overshadow their project. Meanwhile, we each had a great opportunity to share our work in different arenas. I have the construction background so I have had limited engagements with women. For many years, I had preferred men to women since many are confident and have an abundance mindset. To find that same mindset in a woman is truly a treasure! I have since found some kick ass women, in a variety of different arenas, that have evolved my viewpoints. Melissa is so giving with sharing the works of other authors and podcasters, I struggled to find her own book!! This gives such insight to her as a person. I found her book that is entitled, "Turning Point" and is on Amazon in both e-book and paperback. I actually just added the book to my Amazon cart since the description sounds interesting. This book is on two women who cross paths and go on an adventure together and encounter dangerous obstacles. I enjoy reading but I just fill my days with loads of work and stuff. I will have to carve out time and make myself read at night since it is peaceful. I will give an overview and ask Melissa a variety of questions and post about it after I have read it. If you have already read the book, let me know? I totally value a podcaster who shares the history of strong women throughout time. I find it important since knowledge is power. I remember hearing a well-known YouTuber say to a woman caller, while on his show, that men create everything in society. He claimed that women do not contribute to society, they just enjoy the benefits. He then challenged the woman further, "name some women contributors to society?" Sadly, the woman was silent on the topic. I know that there are many strong women who have contributed to our society. We were just not taught the names in society. Hopefully, women such as Melissa, can work to fill in the blanks of those types of conversations. There are many of us women who chose a construction trade as our profession. I am tapped into an entire network of women who belong to any trade imaginable on the internet. These women do exist in the world as both past and present. Their contributions are just not showcased with the magnitude like their male counterparts. Therefore, I find the work of The Brook Reading Podcast to be very valuable for men and women now and the people who have yet to be born. The same well-known YouTube personality bitched that there are not enough women who work in building America. There are many reason why the construction industry only contains 6% of women within the work force. It's not easy being in this trade dealing with politics and the bullshit of some men. I am used to the dudes who run their mouths. I learned to offer sharp retorts to shut their asses down. However, as an outsider coming in, that is an unpleasant reality and it can be intimidating as hell! It is super hard to carry a baby while working with the tools. I'm now dropping a hint that the topic of "being pregnant while working with the tools" will be my next podcast episode. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was work outside climbing extension ladders while I was over 30 weeks pregnant. Perhaps more women will be inclined to join the industry when more of the old broads, such as myself, serve as a mentor and encourage them to come in. As I say it again, I wholeheartedly believe that Melissa's work of offering her audience an education is very valuable. The Brook Reading Podcast is very generous and selfless with time offered to sharing the work of others. Melissa deserves to have her work shared on the platforms of other podcasters as well. I hope you are pleased to discover Melissa Sak for the first time as well. If you are a listener of the Brook Reading Podcast and you are stopping by my work for the first time, I thank you kindly for coming by. Perhaps I will cross paths with you again. Here is the link to, "A Brief History of Women- Volume III, Construction Tales by Leslie M. Jasper" on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/7HVJvy4NwOeA2ESo0WnwJv?si=QLk-IN25RQ6WDfDNiXbX2g&dl_branch=1 Well, let me know your thoughts about this podcast episode from the Brook Reading Podcast? The best way you can do that is by dropping feedback in the comment section below. I would greatly appreciate it if you leave a comment that just shows some love! Lately, I have been writing advice while laying on my sheet in the sand while catching some sun. I still can't believe that we are half way through the summer already. Make every day count and enjoy your free time with our loved ones. Therefore, have a fabulous Sunday afternoon either solo or with friends and/or family. Enjoy what's left of the weekend however you wish with your family and friends alike. Try to keep cool and safe today my friends! Peace out, Cub Scout! CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (5) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON!! Yes, yes, yes, I have shared this new release of my (5) Kindle Vella Library short stories in a few of my other blog posts within the last weeks. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment