Thursday, August 19, 2021

How Do You Portray Yourself To Others?

Photo Credit: www.portray.ca Hello Everyone! How is your day going? How warm was it on your side of the globe today? My heart and prayers goes out to the nations who are suffering through tough times right now! This extends to the people of Afghanistan and Haiti who are submersed in turmoil at the moment. I try to be grateful each day with what God and the Universe has blessed me with good things in a chaotic world that is laced with suffering and pain. I literally just took a second to thank our higher powers for my blessings. I wish for you that your basic needs are being met on a consistent basis. Let me know in the comment section how you THINK you are portrayed out in the outside world? How far do you think others believe that you sway from your own internal moral compass? It is not something I thought about much until I was diving into this Quora question. I would imagine, no matter how consistent the words and actions are, that there is a degree of variation between intent and perception. If you believe that there is a misunderstanding, how compelled do you feel to offer clarity? Is there a threshold to your willingness to offer clarity? Do you take a "take me as I am" approach? Over the years, I liked sharing some of my goals that I smashed around the house via showing finished home improvement photos. I was excited to accomplish them and was very eager to share. Sometimes I just bubble with excitement. I will always be in awe with what my hands and mind are capable of doing. I refuse to apologize for being a go-getter. It didn't occur to me that it could be considered as me bragging about my life. Not once do I think I have a life that others envy. I'm just an everyday person in life. I try to be helpful and hope to inspire others to work on their projects. I tend to cheer others on when they share their projects and even ask questions. It is good to always evolve and learn every day. I even recently started doing installation tutorials to help guide others to do the same. I genuinely didn't think about it in that way until I received some random negative feedback. The next thought was how do you move forward? Do you allow salty observers to force you to withdraw from sharing or do you ignore it? I shall stick to my guns and be the person that I am. There is the unfollow and the block button for folks to use at their discretion. Here is a question, from Quora, on a person who received feedback from another person that they didn't like how the other person portrayed themselves. Yes, it is missing some information as to exactly what is the root issue. Nonetheless, I attempted to tackle it anyway. Do you struggle with how others perceive you? Do you struggle with how you perceive others? Are you trying to evolve and not take the criticism so hard or face it head on? Are you just ignoring it all together or are you using the feedback as a tool to implement change? It is a challenge to push past the ego and allow yourself to use the criticism strategically. I believe that no matter how you deliver your life through words and actions, someone is going to have a problem with it. You just need to determine if there is merit to the feedback or just another tall glass of verbal garbage. I feel sorry for anyone who has to walk on egg shells all of the time trying to not cause someone else to pull up a red flag or question their behavior and/or words. Then again, there are miserable folks in this world who thrive off of drama and rumors. I kept to myself as a kid while in school and was not fully aware of that circle of toxic gossip. I successfully flew under the radar and I didn't let out much about myself. Today, as a blogger, author, and podcaster, I am making up for lost time! :P I probably dodged some pain from teen gossip venom by moving mostly solo in school. My finger wasn't too far off the pulse with mostly avoiding other teens. It was an eye opener crossing paths with rumors and gossip in the military and on the job in construction. I sat at the lunch break table and heard many people, over the years, spin some savage and untrue rumors about other people. I am sad for the people who take what others say as the truth. You must always consider the source and form your own opinion based upon your own experiences. Rumors are so dangerous and not healthy to inflict on other people. I am sure that many people have a different view on this question and I respect that. I am aware that my response is one of many and I am perfectly okay with that. Here is the posed question and my response below. POSED QUESTION: "What does it mean when someone says they don’t like the way you portray yourself?" -Trendy Reality TV MY RESPONSE: "Everyone puts their best foot forward and tries to portray a story of their life. This story is portrayed whether it is verbally or visually conveyed in life via work, during social and/or personal life, or on social media platforms through your words and actions. The story portrayed may actually be YOUR TRUTH or it may be what you WANT it to be. If you are going with what you want it to be, then you need to be very consistent with your words and actions. If not, you run the risk of being called out by people who observe every detail of your life. If a person witnesses one form portrayal yet recognizes a different portrayal, they may or may not speak up about any witnessed discrepancies. Now, it is up to you, as a witness, to speak up and point out the discrepancies and ask for clarity. This need for clarity hinges on your relationship with the person offering a self portrayal. As the person being told, by a witness, that your portrayal differs from what they have known previously, you have some options. Door A is to totally ignore the feedback and just carry on with our life as if it wasn’t interrupted. Door B is to take into consideration what the witness told you and work to be more consistent in all arenas moving forward. Door C involves realizing that clarity is needed on the discrepancy witnessed of your portrayal. You make that determination to offer clarity with missing information if you are close with the witness and offering clarity will resolve any former negative opinions and give both parties some form of peace. Now, what does it mean when a witness confesses that they do not like how you portray yourself? They are trying to tell you that what you put out there as your story doesn’t line up with their initial perception of you. This witness may be throwing up a red flag since they witnessed a recent change in words and/or actions and do not understand the root for the change. You may want to ask the witness what is it exactly that they don’t like about your portrayal? What exactly can you do to change their opinion? What you do with this information, is up to you. This information may be vital since it can help you to recognize your deviations and work to steer your story in a particular way to make it more believable in the future and avoid misunderstandings or confusion. Then again, this witness may be claiming that your portrayal is not real since they were really fishing for information. When you offer clarity in order to clear up the confusion, they receive the information that they were really looking for in the first place. Beware of these nosy predators. The witness may even be the one lying about your portrayal and looking to see if you change your story or not. It is up to you to stay strong on the path of your portrayal. Remember that many different people will view the exact same story at different angles. At the end of the day, hopefully you are living in your truth and content with the outcome. If you are not content, then make the changes accordingly. I wish you much luck and success moving forward!" -Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-when-someone-says-they-don-t-like-the-way-you-portray-yourself/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 Well, let me know your thoughts about this topic by dropping feedback or just show some support? As always, I am wondering about your opinion on the question. I try my best to systematically dissect and break down a question in a thorough way. I also try to look at all angles. This was something that I was not capable of doing when I was younger. I used to think that the average person was pure with their intentions and honest with their approach. After years of dealing with sneaky, suspicious people in all avenues of my life, I have learned how to spot that behavior. There are bad things that come with wasting time on manipulating narcissists. The good thing that comes up are the lessons learned and distinct behavior patterns to find and follow then try to distance yourself. Do you like my advice? If your advice would differ, how much different would it be? I would be interested to hear a different viewpoint than mine. Now, I need to move on to other tasks in my day. Therefore, have a fabulous Thursday afternoon at work or home solo or with friends and/or family. Try to enjoy your week, what's left of it, however you wish or need to do. Try to keep cool, dry, and safe for the rest of the work week people! Peace out, Cub Scout! I recently released and shared my latest three podcast episodes that I have up on my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel and the podcast platform of your choice. I have released the following: Episode #29: Part A-Sunday Funday With Friends And Family on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1qZS9h_qMQ Episode #30: Part B-Sunday Funday With Friends And Family on YouTube: https://youtu.be/zDCCKj1iUYk Episode #31: Mrs. Canatuna Piggly Dogg Meat Complaint!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bicjZ3EHcOg CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (7) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON!! I just released another short story this week on working with one of the worst apprentices, who earned the nickname Lucky, in the history of my career. The unique thing about this guy was that EVERYONE I worked with also had huge challenges working with the guy. As an apprentice, it is our obligation to teach them as journeyman/woman. In turn, it is their obligation to absorb what we teach and move accordingly. I even took the time to break down the task into a step-by-step method. He would then go do what he wanted and it was an absolute disaster. Out of anyone in the shop, I had the most patience with him. This is a guy that would never ever be able to become a contractor and work on his own. He was missing many key characteristics that it takes in order to work on a project from cradle to grave solo. I now have shared (7) short stories to my Kindle Vella Library. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment