Tuesday, August 31, 2021

My Latest Camping Experience Upstate In Franklin, New York

Hello Everyone! How the hell are you holding up on your side of the globe today? Are we having a good or bad week this week? If you are having a good week, just take a shot of the whiskey of your choice. If you are having a bad week, take two shots of whiskey. I hope you are experiencing as much peace and calm as possible in your world. As I stated a few times on my previous posts, I apologize for going off the grid for the past week and not blogging. I did head to the main lodge and loaded up one blog post saying what I was up to for the week and some YouTube videos. I had fun spending quality time with my family in a secluded Kamp Cabin. We were lucky to have a corner unit next to a stream. The nearest camp site was unoccupied so it felt very private. We were able to play music and run movies late at night with no one complaining. This campsite belongs to a KOA Campground franchise. This KOA Campground is located in Franklin, NY that is not far from the college town Oneonta. The spot is roughly 3-hours northwest of New York City. As I mentioned in my two previous posts, I was born and raised along the southern Oregon coast. Camping is very much a huge past time back when I was growing up. I can't really think of many people as a kid who didn't go camping at some point. I have even went, along with my dad, remote camping where you didn't shower or even have an outhouse. I had spent a week in the woods hunting with my dad for deer. I have camped many times in a tent with just a sleeping bag. Sadly, my back today could not handle sleeping in a tent while just in a sleeping bag on the ground. It would be too much of a painful experience for me. I have to carry a 3-inch foam topper and put it on the Kamp Cabin bed since it was too hard. Based upon my childhood, I am very much drawn and super comfortable in the woods. I am not a tv person so I didn't feel withdrawals from not watching tv for the week. Because of being in the woods upstate, I didn't have good cell service and great Wi-Fi at my cabin. There was Wi-Fi closer to the central lodge which was helpful from being totally disconnected from the outside world. Thankfully, I opted to chill out each day and soak in nature instead of being online. I struggled with trying to read a book. I really tried to read a book over the past week. I believe that the heat and humidity made it a struggle for me to feel calm enough to sit and read. I brought two books with me and didn't do much reading at all. I brought my laptop just in case I wanted to do any writing. The mosquitos biting my ankles, despite being sprayed, served as a distraction as well. Look at me; I'm bitching about the downside of camping. Time to shut that up and move on. Then again, most people I know in New York would not use an umbrella to continue watching movies in the rain. Thankfully, my sons have also learned how to be decently comfy in the woods. They struggled with the heat and humidity since we didn't have an air conditioner for the week and went home a day early. Since I paid for it, I stuck it out solo on Saturday until checking out on Sunday morning. I am good with sipping some booze and camping alone. Since I didn't have my dog Daisy with me, I opted to check out and hit Howe Caverns that was an hour northeast of the campsite. Howe Caverns was discovered and was named after farmer Lester Howe, who discovered the cave on May 22, 1842. He first noticed some cows standing next to a cave opening in the heat instead of going under a tree for shade. The cave remains a constant temperature of 52 degrees Fahrenheit, irrespective of the outside weather. By 1843, the cave was opened up for 8-hour tours. It appeared that Lester Howe ran into some financial difficulties despite the tours and building a hotel over the cave. A group got together to re-open the caves by Memorial Weekend back in May of 1929. It appears that the same building, from back in 1929, is still in tact and in decent shape. For the current tour, I walked along a paved and railed path to check out the different natural formations until we approached Lake Venus. Our group loaded into two boats and floated to a point where you can hear a roaring waterfall beyond. I was honestly amazed to see the amount of senior citizens that were willing to trek the caves. You are not allowed to bring a purse of any kind down there, phones and cameras are allowed, no bubble gum (I broke that rule), and you will need a sweater. Once you complete the boat ride, you go up a set of steps and check out this little chapel area where there are weddings held. There is a calcite formation that is shaped in the form of a heart and is glued to the deck. There is a superstition that you will be married within the year if you touch the heart. My silly ass went ahead and recorded myself touching it. When I load my videos to the Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel, that video of me fooling around will be in the collection. The last part of the walk is this very narrow winding path. If you are claustrophobic, you may not like the tight quarters of the last leg of the trek. Once you complete the trail, we pile into the elevator and head back upstairs. You have the option to purchase items in the gift shop, pick up some Howe Caverns cheese, fudge, candy, or a bite to eat in the cafe. It was an educational experience that I am glad that I checked out. It's pretty damn cool to see the lantern burns on the rocks from tourists from 100-years ago. How did you spend your month of August? How about the rest of the summer? Did you find family time to spend with your group? You need to plan now since kids grow up and move out of the house very quickly. Have you ever visited any of the locations that I checked out this summer? Let me know in the comment section below. Is your family into camping? If not, are you interested in trying it for the very first time? Camping is the best opportunity to spend quality time with friends and family in an non-distracted way. What's so bad about spending time around a camp fire while drinking soda or beer with your group? It's an excellent experience to have with your clan. A fire, your dog, and the camp's noise will keep wild animals away. They fear us way more than we fear them. This is the time to play board games and other activities as a family. My sons got me a huge collapsible screen, a projector, a Wi-Fi adapted DVD player, and a mini waffle maker for my birthday. I highly value the opportunity to have future family nights all together watching movies. Thankfully, there was a swimming pool on the campground complex that we took advantage of regularly on hot days. In my previous blog posts, I have so far shared quite a few videos on my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel. I plan to get back to even more blogging and working on the newest podcast episode very soon. I am going to Seaside Heights, NJ with friends for Labor Day weekend. I have a good friend with an efficiency unit on the south end of the Seaside boardwalk. My normal routine will resume after this upcoming weekend. I have a deep sea fishing trip also scheduled for next week as well. I'm quite sure I will share videos from that upcoming fishing trip as well. I thank you for stopping by my blog to read my content and check out the long line-up of YouTube videos. You are highly appreciated and I wish you a great Tuesday evening/morning/afternoon on your side of the globe. I thank you for stopping by! Now, I am sharing my latest podcast episode. It was released and shared on my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel and the podcast platform of your choice. I have released Episode #32 below on many platforms: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Episode #32: Work Adventures With One Un-Lucky Guy!! on The Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/qXetWjlHz2M CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (7) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON!! A few weeks ago, I released another short story on working with one of the worst apprentices, who earned the nickname Lucky, in the history of my career. The unique thing about this guy was that EVERYONE I worked with also had huge challenges working with the guy. As an apprentice, it is our obligation to teach them as journeyman/woman. In turn, it is their obligation to absorb what we teach and move accordingly. I even took the time to break down the task into a step-by-step method. He would then go do what he wanted and it was an absolute disaster. Out of anyone in the shop, I had the most patience with him. This is a guy that would never ever be able to become a contractor and work on his own. He was missing many key characteristics that it takes in order to work on a project from cradle to grave solo. I now have shared (7) short stories to my Kindle Vella Library. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment