Sunday, July 18, 2021

Thanks To Ireland, UK, and Other Countries Who Stop By!

Photo Credit: World Strides-Ireland Coastline Hello Everyone! I really want to shout out the people of Ireland in this blog post! Wow!! You all come in REALLY strong in both my audio blog and the Verbally Disastrous podcast!! I want to recognize the countries who check out both the audio blog and my podcast. I have Ireland on my bucket list of places to see. I need input from the locals as to where I should go and what should I check out? My goal would be to drink beer and bullshit with the most random of people. I absolutely admire the beauty of your coastlines in Ireland!! I welcome suggestions my friends. Based upon my Anchor hosting platform analytics, roughly 1/3 of the people who listen to my audio blog are from Ireland. The second group are fellow Americans from the United States. My third group are people from the United Kingdom. Here is a list of the other countries who have stopped by to show me some love and support: 4.) Philippines 5.) Bangladesh 6.) Morocco 7.) Russia 8.) Canada 9.) Australia 10.) Nigeria 11.) Italy 12.) Egypt 13.) Denmark 14.) Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan 15.) Norway 16.) France 17.) Germany 18.) South Africa 19.) Malaysia 20.) Kenya 21.) Iraq 22.) Lebanon 23.) Saudi Arabia 24.) Japan 25.) Poland 26.) Kuwait 27.) Sri Lanka 28.) Ethiopia I am genuinely very thankful for you stopping by and checking out my content. I give much love and respect to all. Now, I feel like I need to learn more about the countries who check out my work!! After all, I found out a few years ago my connection to Ireland through my family lineage. Over the years, I used to have people tell me that I look very "Irish". I would respond that I do not know exactly. I believe that I am considered a melting pot of many nations. I still have to do the whole DNA test to see what exactly is my composition. Perhaps that would be fun to do the test and write about it. Off the top of my head, I originally just thought that I am Danish, Dutch, and Swedish. My aunt Kathy, who passed away a few years ago, was really deep into geneaology. She had given me old records from our ancestors coming here from Sweden in the 1700's. The person I REALLY resemble tremendously within my family is my paternal great grandmother!!! Her name was Florence Givens Farley and I would have to dig up my paperwork on when she was born and passed. I lost my paternal grandparents when I was a small kid as well. I created a collage of my great grandmother Florence and my senior photo of when I was 16-years old (trying to find a picture to make her age). I most definitely look like her. I remember seeing her photo for the first time. I was absolutely shocked as to how much I resemble her so much!! Well, what do you think? Leave our comment down below or find me on social media using my name Leslie M. Jasper. If you are listening to the audio version, find my website at www.ConstructionTales.com and leave a comment on the post. If you are not interested in commenting, just nod your head and give me a "cheers" in your mind. That is awesome as well. Let me know what you think of the resemblance below?:
Now in honor of celebrating the people who breathe life into my work, I need to find and share some facts about the people of Ireland and UK. I have many other nations who show love in smaller numbers as well. You are also appreciated as well. For now, let's go with (10) facts each for Ireland and the UK. If you have something to contribute, please let me know so I can add it. If I am incorrect, please let me know so I can fix it. IRELAND FACTS: 1.) The population of Ireland is 4,996,435 as of 2020. 2.) The total land area is 68,890 Km2 (26,599 miles). 3.) The median age of the population is 38.2 years old. 4.) Ireland is the only country in the world to have a musical instrument as it's national symbol. 5.) The capital of Ireland is Dublin. 6.) More people live outside Ireland than in the country. There are 39 million Irish Americans. 7.) St. Patrick was born in Wales around 386AD and not in Ireland. 8.) Nigerians drink more Guinness than the Irish do. 9.) There are no wild snakes in Ireland. 10.) Ireland was the Titanic's last port of call, in Cobh, County Cork, and was built by 15,000 Irishman in Belfast. UK FACTS: 1.) Four countries make up the United Kingdom that include: England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. 2.) The population of the United Kingdom is 66.65 million as of 2019. 3.) London is the capital of the United Kingdom. 4.) Stonehenge is located in the south of England and is believed to have been created in 3000BC. 5.) The voted national dish of the UK is the chicken tikka masala. 6.) Great Britain & the UK are two different things. UK includes Northern Ireland but Great Britain doesn't. 7.) The Channel Tunnel connects Dover, England to Calais, France. Opened in 1994, you can take a high-speed underground train between London-Paris in 2hrs. 8.) The UK has four surviving languages that include: Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, Welsh, and Cornish. 9.) There is not a single point in Britain that is more than 75 miles from a coastline. 10.) The oldest home in the UK is 6,000 years old, furnished with stone furniture, and still remains today. My goal was to pull facts that I had not previously known about before writing this post. I am surprised how small the population of Ireland as well as the count in the United States. I am humored that Nigerians hit the Guinness harder than the Irish. It is good to be an island free of snakes! I was surprised to see the number of folks involved in the creation of the Titanic. I have to remind myself that this was the era before power tools. I feel like I need to learn more about Wales since it feels like the biggest mystery out of all of the countries in the United Kingdom. I want to know why only Northern Ireland is a part of the UK and not the entire country of Ireland? Hopefully, someone listening can give me their perspective vs trying to Google it myself. It is well known, within the US, that UK citizens drink a bunch of tea, have Stonehenge, the Queen, the Lok Ness Monster, and the history of St. Patrick's Day. However, I learned a few new things such as the 2-hr speed rail between London and Paris! Let me know if you have an interesting fact that I didn't list above? CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (5) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON! Yes, yes, yes, I have shared this new release of my (5) Kindle Vella Library short stories in a few of my other blog posts last week. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM You are amazing that you keep coming here to read my work week after week! The best way to show my gratitude is by keeping up with the pace and continuing to offer my writings for all of you to check out. Thanks so much for stopping by my side of the world today. You have chosen me within a sea of many options. For that, I am honored. I truly appreciate anyone who dedicates their time to peeping my various creative projects. As I've stated so eloquently before, I appreciate your feedback, comments, and suggestions to improve my content. I wish you a peaceful evening, afternoon, or morning, depending on your time zone and part of the world. It is my hope that I brighten your day with my old job tales and detailed observations from back when I worked with the tools. I shall be back soon enough. Therefore, have a fabulous Saturday evening. It is time to enjoy the weekend however you wish with your friends and family. Try to keep cool and safe this weekend people! Peace out, Cub Scout! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment