Friday, July 16, 2021

My Review Of The Piggly Dogg Podcast!

Photo Credit: The Piggly Dogg Podcast Cover Photo
Produce Savings Episode on Spotify:
Emmett's Fourth of July Specials on Spotify:
The Piggly Dogg on Twitter:
Hello Everyone! I opted to peep a few episodes of the Piggly Dogg Podcast on Spotify. I opted to write a review on the dynamic grocery store clerk duo. My next podcast review will be on the Brook Reading Podcast. Further podcast information can be found on the website www.brookreadingpodcast.com. The Brook Reading Podcast will shout out the Verbally Disastrous Podcast this weekend. I am returning the favor on my end via sharing their content with you. I would be honored if Piggly Dogg shouted me out on their podcast-no pressure or anything. (cue cheesy grin) :) Stay tuned for my review on Brook Reading Podcast. For now, let me share my thoughts on the Piggly Dogg podcast that is hosted on many platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, through the main hosting platform Anchor. https://open.spotify.com/show/7Ew7gsqfx8flY8r6ImMzTW?si=FOmZr0cFQsSliI9POLpplg&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1&nd=1 Here is the Piggly Dogg's podcast hosting platform Anchor profile: https://anchor.fm/pigglydogg I recently connected with @PigglyDogg on Twitter, courtesy of @YetiYeff from the 8750 Podcast. We all randomly discuss a wide variety of topics on Twitter. The Piggly Dogg has both a Facebook and Instagram page as well. As of now, I have not discovered a website or a blog. I have questions down below for the gang to respond to down below. I opted to check out the podcast and write a review. When we are all starting out with our own projects, it always helps to assist and cross promote each other. It has been fun so far to check out each other's labor of love. I would say that their podcast concept is very unique in nature. I have yet to cross paths with another podcast that mirrors their same style. The Piggly Dogg is hosted by dad Rick Horne and his young son Noah Horne. Now I am presuming their family associations. They would have to let me know if they are related in a different manner. For each episode, the father and son duo are promoting a wide variety of grocery products from, "the greatest (fictional) grocery store in the south". The weekly specials are broadcasted on their podcast from Big Lick, Virginia. I paused on the name of the town and was trying to figure out if it is a real town or they are just messing with us?? It was high time to Google the town Big Lick to see if it is legit or not. Yes, it is indeed a legit town that is 7.5 hours away from New York City!! The Piggly Dogg grocery store was first opened in August of 2020 on the podcast. That is cool that they are celebrating a podcast anniversary next month. The Piggly Dogg is very much a super unique podcast concept! I find plenty of content to softly giggle at while in inappropriate locations. (cue blushing) Rick is the voice of the following podcast characters: Chuck Fluffernutter III, Jehoshaphat, Mark the Seafood Man, Coupon Bot, Fruit Man, and Meat Man. Of course, my dirty construction worker mind giggled and made up scenarios with the "Meat Man" character. They give opportunities for folks to call in and leave a message to be put onto the podcast. I intend to submit an audio clip as Mrs. Crabtree who is wanting a refund for her bad meat purchase. (cue evil laugh) Yes, I know it must be kid friendly so it must be crafted in a double entendre style. Meanwhile, young Noah is the voice of Emmett McCoy. I sifted through a few episodes and shared some screenshots of the Spotify podcast episodes in this post above. I find the Piggly Dogg to be a fun loving, family friendly, and upbeat entertainment. The car scene where they are driving to headquarters for a hand slap and to beg management for a promotion made me laugh. I just wished that young Emmett had a microphone to hear his exchange better. I shared the podcast with my two sons as soon as I listened to my first episode. I found some products to be rather funny as well. The son Noah's engagement with the podcast adds to the vibe of the show. He adds the young, random retorts that are laced with high energy to the podcast. Each podcast varies in duration from 1-83 minutes. The episodes are not labeled and I'm not wanting to count them since there are many. Therefore, I shall go with a years' worth to listen to on the podcast platform of your choice. I would say that the podcast is very detailed, creative, and playful with the different characters. I definitely think it is worth checking out for your young listener within the home. I didn't hear any cursing at all in any of the episodes. I think the podcast will grow and evolve over time. I'd like to see it like the cartoon Sponge Bob where some of the humor goes over the heads of the kids and seeps into the minds of the adults. It is something that I can see networks like Disney and Nickelodeon would entertain. For a young listener, there is plenty of content for them to enhance their playful imagination. Of course the humor is not limited to just children. However, the kiddos came to mind as I listened to various episodes. I totally laughed at the multiple podcast episode references of a "seafood smoothie"- YUCK! I am sure that as the podcast continues, they will come up with even more creative ideas with different venues. I most certainly wish the cast at the Piggly Dogg podcast the best luck and the most success! Now here are some questions for you to review Rick and offer some responses for my readers. You can respond via text or create a podcast episode. Just tag and/or send me a link so that I may update my post with your responses. My Questions For The Piggly Dogg Podcast Team: 1.) Where in the hell did you get the name of your podcast? 2.) How long does it take for you to get together to create your episodes? 3.) What do you guys think of the unique name of your home town? :P 4.) Where do you get your inspiration for your podcast episodes? 5.) What is the inspiration for your podcast cover photo? 6.) How do all of the hosts and co-hosts know each other? 7.) Name 3 key lessons, you have learned the hard way, while creating your podcast episodes? 8.) Name 3 screw-ups you had either prior to launching or while creating your podcast? 9.) Are you on Apple Podcasts? If so, share your link. 10) I shared your Anchor podcast hosting platform above. Share any other names and links where you can also be discovered. 11) Provide the link to your blog and/or website so viewers can find you. 12) What is the name of your YouTube channel? 13) What is the ultimate goal of your podcast? 14) What does the matriarch of the family and/or other family members think about the podcast? *EDITED*: RESPONSES FROM THE PIGGLY DOGG PODCAST: 1.) Where in the hell did you get the name of your podcast? "Our name came from the great folks over at Candy Chat Podcast. Our Q & A episode has the history of the name". 2.) How long does it take for you to get together to create your episodes? "I think about ideas all week at work. Usually by Friday, I have the direction that we are headed and do an overview for Emmett...lol. From the overview, all is improvised. So what you hear is very minimal editing. Like a 'Who's Line Is It Anyway' scenario." 3.) What do you guys think of the unique name of your home town? :P "It's interesting with the history of being a major salt lick producer. Our town now is named Roanoke (changed the name years ago)." 4.) Where do you get your inspiration for your podcast episodes? "Things going on in life and events that are going on in the area. Sometimes people or incidents that happen at work!" 5.) What is the inspiration for your podcast cover photo? "Our cover art is a conglomeration of our family dog Bella (recently passed) and a pig." 6.) How do all of the hosts and co-hosts know each other? "Myself and my son are the main people. I make up most of the voices. The cameos come from friends and other fellow podcasters. Pricilla Peppermont is my daughter and she is the PA voice on Episode #2" 7.) Name 3 key lessons, you have learned the hard way, while creating your podcast episodes? "1) Never expect things to go perfect. 2) Editing, sounds, and making music for the podcast takes more time than the record. 3) The voice in your head is usually not what comes out!" 8.) Name 3 screw-ups you had either prior to launching or while creating your podcast? "1) The 'Fist Episode' I feel was botched. 2) We had a whole episode we deleted off due to sound quality. 3) Making the first original logo after the Candy Chat logo (was a mistake)." 9.) Are you on Apple Podcasts? If so, share your link. "https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/piggly-dogg-daily-specials/id1525288614" 10) I shared your Anchor podcast hosting platform above. Share any other names and links where you can also be discovered. "Find us on social medias: Twitter: @pigglydogg, Facebook: piggly Dogg, Instagram: piggly_dogg" 11) Provide the link to your blog and/or website so viewers can find you. "None currently. When we get a little larger, we will look into that!" 12) What is the name of your YouTube channel? "(Piggly Dogg YouTube Link:) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGC53Cw6XXNlwBlX_QnGk1A Not much of nothing there though!" 13) What is the ultimate goal of your podcast? "Just to see where it leads us. Would be nice for Fox to pick us up as a cartoon though." 14) What does the matriarch of the family and/or other family members think about the podcast? "They think it is okay, somewhat annoying, and crazy. Wouldn't have it any other way! I will get my wife to do a voice soon... hopefully!" "P.S.- Thanks for the wonderful review of us and I hope this gives your audience a clearer picture of our podcast! Hope this helps more people save more time and money here at the Piggly Dogg :P" I thank you for stopping by and checking out the creative project that is the Piggly Dogg podcast! If anyone has another question that I have not posed, feel free to drop it down below in my comment section or find me under my name on various social media platforms. Enjoy your weekend people! :) Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -The Verbally Disastrous Podcast CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (5) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON! Yes, yes, yes, I have shared this new release of my (5) Kindle Vella Library short stories in a few of my other blog posts this past week. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. I figured the only way that I will be able to write volume II is via a series of short stories. My Volume I goes by the hashtag #ConstructionTales since it is shorter to use than the full name. My first book is entitled, Construction Tales: Volume 1: My Journey To Become An Electrician. This first volume was released back in 2013. My edited teen version is entitled, Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life. I felt like the message is strong yet the content was too raw for young readers. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM You are too nice to me to keep coming here to read my work week after week! How can I ever repay you?? Maybe via keep offering writings to check out. I thank you for stopping by on my side of the world. You have many options and I am honored that you have dedicated your time to peep my content. Now that we are friends, you need to come by more often. You promise? As I've stated so eloquently before, I appreciate your feedback, comments, and suggestions to improve my content. I wish you a peaceful evening, afternoon, or morning on your side of the world, depending on your time zone. You are appreciated and I hope you get a laugh or two out of my tales and detailed observations from back when I worked with the tools. I shall harass ya again soon enough so have a fabulous Thursday evening. It is back to the grind people. Try to keep cool and safe this week and upcoming weekend people! Peace out, Cub Scout! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment