Monday, July 19, 2021

My Review On The Brook Reading Podcast!!

Photo Credit: The Brook Reading Podcast Cover Photo The Brook Reading Podcast On Twitter:
The link to the audio version of this post is both a podcast episode and on my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel and the podcast platform of your choice: https://youtu.be/g8Pe_TpjSsE Hello Everyone! I stumbled upon another podcast that I decided to check out from my weekly rounds of meeting both new authors and podcasters on Twitter. I crossed paths with Melissa Sak from the Brook Reading Podcast on Twitter. We opted to check each other's work out. I discovered that Melissa is an author of the book entitled, "Turning Point" by Melissa Sak. Turning Point can be found on Amazon in both e-book and paperback formats. I checked out a few Brook Reading Podcast episodes while out on my walk and/or multi-tasking. The first podcast I checked out was on the vices of the presidents from the United States of America. I love to hear salacious details on public figures. It makes them more relatable to us mere mortals. I then checked out the episode on Bust Magazine featuring legendary rocker Courtney Love as well as other leading figures in entertainment. I had never previously heard of the term "shebonics" prior to peeping this episode. I am tickled to hear other terms in entertainment such as "the flaming lips". I don't really know what it is about but it must be sassy! I didn't know that this magazine existed and the fact that Bust magazine just celebrated a 20-year anniversary. Another interesting fact is that Courtney Love is working on releasing an autobiography. As a person who loves double entendre, I appreciated that Bust Magazine is about women get issues and topics off their chest. I am also sharing the podcast website down below as well as screenshots of the episodes that I peeped for the past few days: Here is the website of the Brook Reading Podcast website: https://www.brookreadingpodcast.com/
Party Like A President- The Reboot on Spotify:
BUST Feat. Courtney Love- Re-Release of Ep. 52 on Spotify:
A Brief History of Women-Volume I on Spotify:
I don't think I can say enough how honored I am for Melissa to check out and share my teen version of my #ConstructionTales book, Kindle Vella short stories, and my Verbally Disastrous podcast!! It was a delight to hear Melissa share my creative projects on the A Brief History of Women-Volume I episode! I am super blessed to have crossed paths with Melissa. We would like to get to know Melissa a little bit more, right? I have some questions down below for Melissa so that the readers can get to know her as well as the podcast. When she sends me her responses, I shall come back and update the post. I look forward to checking out more on her new series on the History of Women as they are released. It is fitting to share my slideshow, on my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel, where I showcased some awesome kick ass ladies who were pioneers in many fields. I created this YouTube slideshow in honor of Women's History Month. Perhaps the early women I showcase can be a part of the Brook Reading Podcast new series on the history of women? I encourage women and men who like my slideshow to share freely and give my Verbally Disastrous YouTube channel credit. Here is the slideshow on YouTube: Early Women In Construction on YouTube: https://youtu.be/y5QgKC3sUW4 My Questions For The Brook Reading Podcast: 1.) Where in the hell did you get the name of your podcast? 2.) How long does it take for you to create your episodes? 3.) How are you able to mentor young girls? 4.) Where do you get your inspiration for your podcast episodes? 5.) What is the inspiration for your podcast cover photo? 6.) How do all of the hosts and co-hosts (if applicable) know each other? 7.) Name 3 key lessons, you have learned the hard way, while creating your podcast episodes? 8.) Name 3 screw-ups you had either prior to launching or while creating your podcast? 9.) Are you on Apple Podcasts? If so, share your link. 10) Share any other names and links where you can also be discovered. 11) What is the concept of the next book you plan to write? 12) What is the name of your YouTube channel? 13) What is the ultimate goal of your podcast? 14) What does your friends and family members think about the podcast? 15) Who is your audience and where in the world are the majority of them from? "Turning Point" by Melissa Sak on Amazon in both Kindle and paperback:
Book Description: "Two women from very different upbringings cross paths and begin a tumultuous adventure together. While overcoming dangerous and unknown obstacles, they find that, as long as they remain true in their hearts, they can achieve greatness". https://www.amazon.com/Turning-Point-Melissa-Sak/dp/1456562835 MY REVIEW: I appreciated listening to her content as a new "brookworm". I just checked out where Melissa is from and she is from Scotch Plains, New Jersey. She is literally only 44-miles away from me here in New York City! I may have to get my co-host Melissa P. and schedule a road trip where we sit down and do a collaboration together in person. The older I get, the more I appreciate rubbing elbows with fellow strong women. Not a woman with a big mouth who barks a lot trying to control people and get her way. I can usually see behind that facade of bullshit and I don't respect it. I vibe well with women who are honest, fair, hard-working, not looking to scheme a man, and enjoying their best life in an upbeat, positive manner. Any woman who claims they are independent can't have their hands in the pocket of a man. I appreciate strong women who are about handling their own business, not afraid to speak honestly on their observations, confident enough to lift other women up, and serve as a mentor for young girls growing up and trying to find their voice. This is the impression that I get from Melissa's work and I like it. She has a soothing yet firm voice that is professional laced with some honest observations and a lil potty mouth edge. I shared with her that I appreciated her take on Thomas Jefferson who was our 3rd U.S. president from 1801 to 1809. I howled when I heard she said, "I didn't know that Jefferson was a basic bitch, but apparently he was". Melissa was referring to Thomas Jefferson's preferred drink was a white wine spritzer. I do find it humorous that one of the early leaders of the free world is a wine spritzer kind of guy. I envision our founding fathers having a wad of chewing tobacco in their mouths while sipping vodka at room temperature right out the bottle like a Viking! I am a huge fan of the little odd facts about public figures. I am encouraging Melissa to venture on and find more of that content for future episodes and tag me on Twitter so I can peep it. Based upon her content, I gather that Melissa is a modern day feminist. She offers her view of the world within that light and not afraid to take a stand on her few. She encourages other women to shine and is very confident with that delivery. I can't say it enough. I truly appreciate her taking the time to review my work and share it with her audience. She even promoted it in her podcast! I have attempted to cross promote and collaborate with other women in the past. It was hinted that they feared my work would overshadow their project. Meanwhile, we each had a great opportunity to share our work in different arenas. I have the construction background so I have had limited engagements with women. For many years, I had preferred men to women since many are confident and have an abundance mindset. To find that same mindset in a woman is truly a treasure! I have since found some kick ass women, in a variety of different arenas, that have evolved my viewpoints. Melissa is so giving with sharing the works of other authors and podcasters, I struggled to find her own book!! This gives such insight to her as a person. I found her book that is entitled, "Turning Point" and is on Amazon in both e-book and paperback. I actually just added the book to my Amazon cart since the description sounds interesting. This book is on two women who cross paths and go on an adventure together and encounter dangerous obstacles. I enjoy reading but I just fill my days with loads of work and stuff. I will have to carve out time and make myself read at night since it is peaceful. I will give an overview and ask Melissa a variety of questions and post about it after I have read it. If you have already read the book, let me know? I totally value a podcaster who shares the history of strong women throughout time. I find it important since knowledge is power. I remember hearing a well-known YouTuber say to a woman caller, while on his show, that men create everything in society. He claimed that women do not contribute to society, they just enjoy the benefits. He then challenged the woman further, "name some women contributors to society?" Sadly, the woman was silent on the topic. I know that there are many strong women who have contributed to our society. We were just not taught the names in society. Hopefully, women such as Melissa, can work to fill in the blanks of those types of conversations. There are many of us women who chose a construction trade as our profession. I am tapped into an entire network of women who belong to any trade imaginable on the internet. These women do exist in the world as both past and present. Their contributions are just not showcased with the magnitude like their male counterparts. Therefore, I find the work of The Brook Reading Podcast to be very valuable for men and women now and the people who have yet to be born. The same well-known YouTube personality bitched that there are not enough women who work in building America. There are many reason why the construction industry only contains 6% of women within the work force. It's not easy being in this trade dealing with politics and the bullshit of some men. I am used to the dudes who run their mouths. I learned to offer sharp retorts to shut their asses down. However, as an outsider coming in, that is an unpleasant reality and it can be intimidating as hell! It is super hard to carry a baby while working with the tools. I'm now dropping a hint that the topic of "being pregnant while working with the tools" will be my next podcast episode. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was work outside climbing extension ladders while I was over 30 weeks pregnant. Perhaps more women will be inclined to join the industry when more of the old broads, such as myself, serve as a mentor and encourage them to come in. As I say it again, I wholeheartedly believe that Melissa's work of offering her audience an education is very valuable. The Brook Reading Podcast is very generous and selfless with time offered to sharing the work of others. Melissa deserves to have her work shared on the platforms of other podcasters as well. I hope you are pleased to discover Melissa Sak for the first time as well. If you are a listener of the Brook Reading Podcast and you are stopping by my work for the first time, I thank you kindly for coming by. Perhaps I will cross paths with you again. I thank you for stopping by and checking out the creative project that is the Brook Reading podcast! If anyone has another question that I have not posed, feel free to drop it down below in my comment section or find me under my name on various social media platforms. I am giving a shout out to the fellow kick ass hard-working women and the cool hard-working men who listen to our work! You are all very much appreciated. Yes, I am sharing the link below to my Kindle Vella short stories library that can be found on Amazon. I am trying to get the word out so ya gotta just deal with it. :P In all seriousness, I absolutely could not accomplish what I do without regular support from my listeners and readers from around the globe. I am giving another shout out to the listeners from Ireland and the United Kingdom. I also need to recognize the people of India and Romania who read my blog week after week! I see you all too (giving an air hug)!!! You are all amazing that you keep coming here to read my work week after week! Thanks so much for stopping by my side of the world today. You have chosen me within a sea of many options. For that, I am honored. I truly appreciate anyone who dedicates their time to peeping my various creative projects week after week. As I've stated so eloquently before, I appreciate your feedback, comments, and suggestions to improve my content. I wish you a peaceful evening, afternoon, or morning, depending on your time zone and part of the world. It is my hope that I brighten your day with my old job tales and detailed observations from back when I worked with the tools. I shall be back soon enough. Therefore, have a fabulous Monday afternoon. It is time to get through the work week however you do when your family depends on you. Try to keep cool and safe this week people! Peace out, Cub Scout! CONSTRUCTION TALES- TOLD BY A WOMAN: (5) SHORT STORIES ON AMAZON! Yes, yes, yes, I have shared this new release of my (5) Kindle Vella Library short stories in a few of my other blog posts last week. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment