Thursday, July 15, 2021

Advice For The Land of The Triggered Human

Photo Credit: Triggered -written by Fletcher Wortmann Hello Everone! I hope you have some kick ass weekend plans coming up!? I have some plans myself that involve checking out a new fella for a date. I have not allowed myself to date in over two years. Covid-19 did not help the matter much either. I used the solo time to heal and be in a great head space in order to be willing to try to cross paths with a great man. I am at peace if it either doesn't work out or ends up to be amazing. My family has also planned a birthday party for an 18-year old young man this weekend as well. This milestone is amazing and rich since the young man spent the first few years of his life in the NICU at a children's hospital in New York City. I admire my aunt for having the mental and physical fortitude to be the rock for her family with their issues as children with special needs. Not all people have children born with no complications. Cherish life and those milestones since you never know when the higher power determines a loved one has spent enough time on Earth. As you all know by now, I often serve as a voice of reason or insanity as a member of the Quora world. I try to find the most interesting questions and run with them as a source of inspiration. I found this topic about the meaning of an easily triggered person. In my mind I laughed at first. I recognized the author Barbara's name from another requested response. If Barbara is an avid reader, I thank you for posing the question. I then opted to run with this topic after thinking about it for a few. The topic of a triggered person tends to raise eyebrows and cause women to clutch their pearls. As a spectator, you expect a whole array of fireworks to come from the angry person who has just lost control of their emotions. My eyes then proceed to roll in the back of my head like a slot machine. The triggered person has a huge case of misguided anger that has been activated. Instead of being angry at the person who triggered them, be mad at the original source of the trauma. If you find yourself lashing out at a force you can't control or stop, it is wise to take mental inventory once there is a form of peace. Ideally, people do not have the right to lash out at others. They should work through their traumas solo or seek professional help. I have some form of empathy for a person who can't dodge their trauma. Yes, we all have bad experiences that form some type of trauma. We all have the same 24-hours in a day to work through it. Use it wisely. Here is the posed question and my lengthy ass response below it. Let me know your thoughts on it in the comment section below? POSED QUESTION: "What does it mean to be easily triggered?" -Barbara Young Capalbo MY RESPONSE: "I am probably the wrong person to take advice from on this subject. I lean hard in the opposite direction. Perhaps I have an extreme take, from the quaint land of the soft people, from the other side of the spectrum? In my mind, being easily triggered is a sensitive person. They cannot handle topics or people without evoking some form of extreme emotion and a following physical chain reaction. Triggered people do not have the capacity to be objective and listen to both sides of a story before reacting. Their reactions are quick while taking extreme emotional and verbal measures. On the outside, the triggered person reacts right on que every time as expected. It’s like turning on the tv expecting to see some form of action. Some people display their triggered emotions like clockwork and as expected. On the other hand, the triggered person experienced some form of trauma in their past. They cannot seem to figure out how to escape their trauma. This trauma bubbles and rises to the surface, no matter how old, when the source of that trauma rears it’s ugly head. Many of these people are in dire need of a bottle of booze and a therapist. They really need to do the work to get out of this mental trap. I’m sure the walls are very high in this mental hell where they permanently reside. Triggered people need to know, no matter how loud they shout, that others will not receive their same level of anguish and trauma. It is truly wasted energy that is not transferrable. With this said, I find triggered people to be very annoying. I believe that they lack discipline and are not good to associate with at work much less my personal life. It is fair to say that I was “raised by wolves” both at home and throughout my career. My father would not tolerate any form of weakness from me as a kid whatsoever. I was never allowed any space to sit in my past traumas. I remember my dad dumping a motorcycle that I was on the back of at 5-years old. I remember being scared, crying, and him saying repeatedly, “big girls don’t cry! You don’t cry!” There was no platform where I was able to just dwell in trauma. You wipe your face, clean up your nose, tighten up your laces, dust your ass off, and get back into the task at hand. I was raised to be a work horse and keep it moving. Over time, I developed a tough external shell. After “daddy boot camp” along with real U.S. Navy boot camp, I got immersed into my construction work world. I learned many lessons while working mostly with men in my career. I totally prefer working with men. I only like working with cool chicks who have little to no hang-ups or drama. I learned how to be chill and let pretty much anything roll off my back. Ya gotta know how to crack the dirtiest jokes in your crew. I became legendary for my mastery of double entendre skills. I have learned to take a mental beating and offer one in return and not “take it personal”. It is wise and best practice to observe and to be slow to react. Facts do not care about your feelings. Feelings do not belong on the topic or the jobsite. If I was challenged, I stood my ground. Once the beef was squashed, we go back to business as usual. We ALL have our bad life experiences and traumas. We cannot allow them to control our lives. The other person has won once they have control over your emotions. By a triggered person freaking out, you playing right into the hands of the antagonist. You have to know that the person derives great pleasure by your salty reactions. This fact alone should entice the triggered person to tighten up and not play so easily into another person’s hands. We have the invention of the internet. Nowadays, a random, anonymous stranger is now capable of trying to seep their rhetoric onto another vulnerable person to evoke a response. Meanwhile, most people do not have the BALLS or OVARIES to say the same shit to your face in person! On the other hand, just remember that misery loves company. The only form of joy this person has in their blahh existence is via messing with the triggered crowd. The triggered crowd can be counted on to put on an emotional show for all to see. At times, I am embarrassed on behalf of the triggered folks. Hopefully, at some point, the triggered person that is suffering from trauma will seek help. Sharing an opinion on the internet will not evoke massive change or become Earth shattering. It is merely a drop in the bucket within the waves of the choppy internet. Sharing an emotionally charged opinion is such an energy waste that is being extracted from the triggered soul. I wish for peace, healing, and much luck for the many broken souls who walk the planet. *Topic posted on www.ConstructionTales.com*" -Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-be-easily-triggered/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 Yes, yes, yes, I have shared this new release of my (5) Kindle Vella Library short stories in a few of my other blog posts this week. If you have already read it a few times, I totally understand if we part ways from here. I thank you for your support! If you you could follow me on Amazon in the Kindle Vella store, I would really appreciate. I shall offer my support to you as well if you share with me your page. I am curious to see if my short stories are of interest to people. They are short stories that will become the makings of my next book within the #ConstructionTales series that will be entitled, Construction Tales: Volume II: My Illuminated Path Continues.. I figured the only way that I will be able to write volume II is via a series of short stories. My Volume I goes by the hashtag #ConstructionTales since it is shorter to use than the full name. My first book is entitled, Construction Tales: Volume 1: My Journey To Become An Electrician. This first volume was released back in 2013. My edited teen version is entitled, Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life. I felt like the message is strong yet the content was too raw. I had also received feedback on a story that started and stopped. Apparently, I re-started and finished the story in a different chapter. I attempted to fix it and the teen version was released in 2014. I believe that, all though mild with content, is a better version of the book. I appreciate any and all reader reviews.
Construction Tales: Told By A Woman by Leslie M. Jasper- short stories for Kindle Vella on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM You are too nice to me to keep coming here to read my work week after week! How can I ever repay you?? Maybe via keep offering writings to check out. I thank you for stopping by on my side of the world. You have many options and I am honored that you have dedicated your time to peep my content. Now that we are friends, you need to come by more often. You promise? As I've stated so eloquently before, I appreciate your feedback, comments, and suggestions to improve my content. I wish you a peaceful evening, afternoon, or morning on your side of the world, depending on your time zone. You are appreciated and I hope you get a laugh or two out of my tales and detailed observations from back when I worked with the tools. I shall harass ya again soon enough so have a fabulous Thursday evening. It is back to the grind people. Try to keep cool and safe this week and upcoming weekend people! Peace out, Cub Scout! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment