Thursday, July 1, 2021

My Review On Random Episodes From The 8750 Podcast

Check out the #8750 Podcast!! Host Twitter Handles: @YetiYeff, @GreyGrayson7, @lukeisabum, and mine is @LeslieMJasper *EDITED: The answers to the questions below have been edited to reflect the responses from the 8750 Podcast.* Hello Everyone! Somehow, during my many shameless moments of either promoting the #VerballyDisastrous Podcast or surfing for foolery on Twitter, I stumbled upon @YetiYeff and we became fast friends. Jeff brought his village of people to the laughs as well; which is totally appreciated! In the spirit of being fast friends and communicating regularly, why not check out Jeff, Reed, Luke, and other special guests in a podcast entitled, "8750"? Once I decided to drop my first podcast episode, it made sense to look for other podcast hosts. My goal was to dive into the pool of fellow podcasters and to engage within the community. As a podcast community, I figured we could work together and help each other out. I am a fan of supporting each other's work and cross promoting along with learning something new while giving guidance to others. Just like myself, many podcast hosts are out here hustling the internet in the quest to crank out captivating content and earn an audience along the way. For this blog post, I will offer some highlights from sampled episodes of the "8750" podcast. I shall share the good, the bad, the ugly, and what I'd like to see more of in the future. I REALLY like that the crew of 8750 share in my brand of humor!! Well...at least Jeff does. :P As of now, I have not really interacted much Reed and Luke as much. Based upon the podcast episodes I checked out, Reed and Luke are not social butterflies at all. This is a stark contrast compared to their "Tasmanian devil" Twitter star- co-host Jeff. :) Besides being anti-social, I am sure that it takes time to warm up to my brand of humor. I am aware that it is not for everyone either. I have picked up my dirty sense of humor from years of working alongside my co-workers in the field as a NY electrician in construction. Even within the current #MeToo climate, I do not intend to change. I like my humor dirty and to see the look of utter surprise on a person's face. In my +25-years as a construction worker, I have never (nor will I) filed a sexual harassments claim against anyone. If anything, that "out of pocket" dude would get a stick of conduit to the back of the head or get roughed up (not in a good way) in an electrical closet. He would then pipe down get get back to work. For the record, I have never had anyone cross the line to that level either. It helps being built like a brick shit house. I have been rarely challenged in my career and have only crossed paths with a few ass hats in my career. My goal of "being one of the guys" had been accomplished in my career. Besides, life is short so let's have some laughs on the way. These regular exchanges of humor, on Twitter and other forms of social media, help make the day go by faster and smoother. Not that I am trying to accelerate my prune process. I just like to add a spark to make mundane tasks more tolerable. I open up my social media to peep when I am standing in line, waiting for an elevator, enjoying my lunch, on the train, or any other breaks in the action. I put on podcasts when I go for my evening strolls. I have been trying to peep at the different podcasts of people I connect with on social media. As of late, it appears that Twitter has been my spot for interacting. I appreciate that Jeff virtually knighted me as the #PeeperOfPods on Twitter. My response photo is down below:
Episode #21: The Waffle Hut
Episode #17: A Perfect Day For A Date
Episode #8: Is Your Wood Good?
MY REVIEW: This podcast is not for the underage listener. It is highly advised to grow a mustache and some armpit hair first before coming back to peep this grown folks discussion. These are adult conversations where sensitive or politically correct types of folks should exit stage left. I got a kick out of the "dirty old man" narrating the intro of the episode. However, I did have to play detective, within the first 2-3 minutes of the podcast, trying to match a name to each voice. 8750 would be better served having each person quickly introduce each other. I instantly got a kick out of Jeff's laugh. The vibe between the guys was entertaining. One feels immersed with them, during a coffee break session, where we listen in on them talking about whatever is on top of the mind. I am joyous to learn that one of hosts was conceived in the bathroom stall at Applebee's restaurant. I also learned that Jerry Springer served as mayor of Cincinnati, for one year back in 1977. Upon digging further on my own, I learned that Mr. Springer got pinched for soliciting a prostitute back in 1974. His honesty lead to his road to redemption that paved his political path as mayor for one whole year. As soon as I heard the white couch reference, the Chappelle Show reference came to mind. I envisioned Rick James as an absolute hot mess with muddy boots digging his heels into a white couch sayin, "fuck yo couch"! One thing I learned is that the title of the podcast episode doesn't not totally apply as the theme of the content. I see several attempts to stick to topic. I like the advice that nobody asked for-questions that come from people who write questions on Reddit. I appreciate, at the end of Episode 21, the drunken redneck Glen dishing about his utter distain to be placed on social media, his love for whores, while crying about his date who ghosted him. It inspired me to come up with a tag line and submit to be added to your podcast episode. :) My favorite episode that I sampled was nuggets of content that came from Episode #17. The topic of masturbation "popped" up that made me laugh out loud!! One craziest "feeding the ducks" memory involved, "a sleeve with gel/liquid that was a tube; that was my first love". I heard that while walking my neighborhood and I laughed a little too loud. It felt like it was immediately followed by, "dirty is half the fun. What do you mean?" The discussion reminded me of many nasty, super funny trash talk sessions at work over the years in construction. I am humored, with a dash of scared, by some dude who opted to romance the leg of a chair. The group discussed all of the horrors, readily on display, that grace the pages of the internet. Disturbing events, such as "The Pain Olympics", or absolute savagery that was filmed, such as during a prison break, or other various gory events that were captured on film throughout the globe. The new content that is on the internet appears to make the "Faces of Death" video series likened to child's play. Reed proceeds to save the day, via changing gears about a story on buyer's remorse. He laments on a memory about getting duped with his photo purchase during a trip to Manhattan. The gang take turns sharing their buyer's remorse stories and their idea of a perfect date. My third sample I perused was Episode #8: Is Your Wood Good? In case you didn't read the room today, the title enticed me. I wanted to see if the content rose to the occasion. I was humored by the disgust in Jeff's voice about his "aunt Kevin" who gave little Jeff an avalanche of useless plastic Happy Meal toys, a girl's backpack, knit beanies, or bird seeds glued as a heart for Christmas. The other guys chimed on saving and passing the useless gifts down to other family members as heirlooms. The story on the heroin addicted gypsies living in the streets of New Orleans was entertaining as well. The title of Episode #8 came from an unlikely story and not what I expected at all. In summary, you are going to hear a wide variety of topics and stories within each episode. NEXT ON DECK: I already started listening to "Piggly Dog" on Spotify while trying to run back home and dodge a rainstorm last night. More episodes to sample and review very soon:
My Questions For The 8750 Podcast Team: 1.) Where in the hell did you get the name of your podcast? 2.) When did you all first get together to launch your very first episode? 3.) Where do you guys call home? 4.) Where do you get your inspiration for your podcast episodes? 5.) What is the inspiration for your podcast cover photo (the wolf)? 6.) How do you all know each other? 7.) Name 3 key lessons, you have learned the hard way, while creating your podcast episodes? 8.) Name 3 screw-ups you had either prior to launching or while creating your podcast? 9.) Are you on Apple Podcasts? If so, share your link. 10) Provide podcast platform names and links where you can be discovered. 11) Provide the link to your hosting platform. 12) Provide the link to your blog and/or website so viewers can find you. 13) What is the name of your YouTube channel? 14) Any additional links you want to add that pertain to your podcast? EDIT: 8750 Podcast Responses: 1.) Where in the hell did you get the name of your podcast? "It's a secret- you can figure out if you listen to the pod". 2.) When did you all first get together to launch your very first episode? "April 20th unfortunately. Now we share an anniversary with a hippy holiday. Great." 3.) Where do you guys call home? "Colorado and Washington" 4.) Where do you get your inspiration for your podcast episodes? "We just press record and let the magic flow" 5.) What is the inspiration for your podcast cover photo (the fox)? "That's a fox that lives by my house. The fox is named Gungersnap because of a highly congested Twitter poll huh @Heywowitsmike" 6.) How do you all know each other? "You must listen to the podcast to find out" 7.) Name 3 key lessons, you have learned the hard way, while creating your podcast episodes? 1.)"Don't get into the tiger cage unless you are prepared. I'm the tiger in this metaphor. 2) Do push-ups before the show. 3.)D & D is super lame". 8.) Name 3 screw-ups you had either prior to launching or while creating your podcast? 1-3) "Letting that fat dolphin AceGuyyy on". 9.) Are you on Apple Podcasts? If so, share your link. Link: podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/8750/id1570743006 10) Provide podcast platform names and links where you can be discovered. Apple & Spotify 11) Provide the link to your hosting platform. Anchor.fm/8750 12) Provide the link to your blog and/or website so viewers can find you. "I don't know emoji" 13) What is the name of your YouTube channel? "I don't know emoji" 14) Any additional links you want to add that pertain to your podcast? "I don't know emoji I hope you appreciate my review of the 8750 Podcast. If you don't, scroll on sir. Do you have any questions to add to the list above? What do you think of the content? Does the review inspire you to check them out? Let me know about your podcast, if similar in nature, so I can try it out? As soon as I get the answers to the above questions, I shall edit and update the post. I thank you for stopping by on my side of the world. You have many options and I am honored that you have dedicated your time to peep my content. Now that we are friends, you need to come by more often. Okay? As stated a million times previously, I appreciate your feedback, comments, and suggestions to improve my content. I wish you a peaceful evening or morning on your side of the world. You are appreciated and I hope you get a laugh or two our of my tall tales and detailed observations. I shall harass ya again soon enough so have a fabulous Thursday afternoon (unless you are already getting out of work)! Peace out, Cub Scout my friends! :P Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment