Saturday, February 13, 2021

Two Videos-Speaking At IABX In New Jersey On My Book

Hello everyone! Every once in awhile, I find things that I have not previously shared. Today, I found some videos where I was speaking during an Independent Authors Book Expo a few years ago in New Jersey. I did some video clips for an author and she returned the favor. I reviewed my adult version is entitled, Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey to Become an Electrician. My edited teen version is entitled, Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life. I felt like the book was too raw for young readers- I would be embarrassed if a kid read my adult version of the book. I felt better by trying to remove cursing and nasty coworker antics. The message of keep pressing on with your plan and not giving up is a strong message for young people. It didn't initially occur to me that I should edit the book until after the initial release. I then read the book in a recording studio and loaded it to #Audible. If the teen version picks up with interest, I will sit in the studio and do an audio version for the teen edition. I am sure there will be a cringe moment involving my book and a young reader in the future. Luckily, I have not encountered that.... yet. Just so you know, I will publish any book reviews, good or bad, that have been submitted to me. I have published a few reviews so far from friends and coworkers. I even took a negative comment from a reader and applied the feedback to the teen version. I promise I won't come after you with my masculine energy if you have a critique. I handle it decently- like a dude. I have worked with men for most of my career. I have learned to not be emotional and leave feelings out of feedback- no matter where it comes from in life. That is unless you come at me like a savage troll, I will unleash my construction laden venom. I fear no woman on the planet and very few men. As I have asked previously, I will accept topic ideas (except politics or religion) for future podcast episodes. I have attended a handful of Independent Authors Book Expos- all held at various locations in New Jersey. I got to meet some cool visitors, authors, illustrators, editors, and poets at the events over the years. I would like to find other similar style book fairs to attend- once Covid-19 finally ends up being viewed in the rearview mirror. Here are the two videos from the Independent Authors Book Expo held in New Jersey: IABX Book Review- Clip #1: https://youtu.be/d_0cIfRmHJc IABX Book Review- Clip #2: https://youtu.be/W32lO9SzI0Q As always, I am grateful for you stopping by my content for the book and podcast. You have many choices. I am honored that I have been considered for your valuable time. We are working on some more podcast episodes to be released over the weekend. Podcast episodes are available on Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud. I have a profile on Soundtrap as well where I create my content. At some point, I will work on getting onto iTunes and other avenues where I can sneak in. :) Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author & Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Independent, #Authors, #Book, #Expo, #NewJersey #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment