Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Sharing My New Illustrator's Sketches- "Not All Girls Play With Dolls"

Hello Everyone! After a two year hiatus, I decided to get back on the horse again and move forward with the illustration process of my children's book. The absolute best website out there to collaborate with people, from all around the globe, for various types of work at reasonable prices is Fiverr!! I was previously trying to do the work privately and that project got dropped hard and fell on it's head. I really wish I had known about and used Fiverr previously. All transactions go through the website so you have an electronic paper trail. Each person, either buyer or seller, gets a review on the website for each transaction. Based upon reviews, you can figure out if you want to work with the person or not. Obviously, your goal is to get the best reviews possible. I am a relatively new member on Fiverr. I had first used the website to create my podcast logo. Later on, I used a sound engineer to clean up some podcast episodes. There are also writers, filmmakers, sound engineers, editors, singers, narrators, and so much more to choose from on the website- depending on your project. I am working with a female Russian illustrator by the name of Anastasia Taranenko, she is listed as Tad_Art on the website, to create illustrations for my first children's book entitled, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls". Here are the first few sketches that I recently approved to move forward and complete the book. It will be available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Audible upon final completion. In the meantime, I will periodically promote Anastasia's work to help both of us. Check the sketches out:
Photo Credits: Sketch by Anastasia Taranenko of Tad_Art on Fiverr I am hoping to use the original illustrations and blend in Anastasia's illustrations as well. However, I am mentally prepared to scrap the old illustrations and start fresh. I am deeply disappointed that my original illustrator, out of Indonesia, bagged out on me and abandoned the project for the past two years. I had reached out to him to ask to resume work on the project. Sadly, I had received to feedback. I know he mentioned he had health issues between himself and his family. With this in mind, I wish him and his family nothing but the best. It is just painful that I have an incomplete project and wasted money on illustrations. Therefore, it is time to move forward in a different direction and keep pressing until complete. For the record, Anastasia has been very responsive and willing to add my key details while creating her own vision of the design concept. Despite being relatively new herself, I am willing to put my trust in her to get the project completed. I appreciate her patience with me since I tend to get busy and forget to look online for comments for blocks of time. I will share some of her work, on my social media platforms, as the project progresses and give Anastasia credit where it is due. I will even add her name and Fiverr name to my hashtag collection to help her out (check out below). There is great power in those hashtags!! One hand washes the other in this business. If you like her work and reach out to her on Fiverr, please drop my name. That way she knows that I helped send her business her way. I thank you for stopping by, from your side of the globe, to check out my writings and project progress. YOU are appreciated!! Have a great day and an even better evening ahead! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment