Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Vol. #4: Showcasing (3) More Awesome Gang Authors!!

Photo Credit: https://awesomegang.com/ Hello Everyone! Hopefully, you are relaxing before heading out to work on this Tuesday night/Wednesday morning!? If you are the night owl working away, I tip my hat to you sir or ma'am. May you have a safe evening/early AM and a restful day upon the end of your shift. I always respect the hustle. I received an email that my newest short story, for Kindle Vella on Amazon, #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools" is now live. My task this week is to create and edit the audio version of "Not All Girls Play With Dolls". This post is intended to share even more work of some independent authors, such as myself, and earn some good karma in the process. Why not offer you a taste of a variety of authors with different content? Feel free to copy and past and share this content on your blog, if you like. For now, I'm connecting with the authors in an effort to build my author network. Hopefully, they will follow back. I'm game to cross promote each other on social media as well. Just let me know or re-tweet one of my posts and I will automatically return the favor. I'm totally cool with it all. When you are a small content creator, it is important to help others out. I'm debating about posting questions for the authors down below and connect with them to answer them. I'm then thinking that they are answering enough questions already. Let me know your thoughts on that personal suggestion down the in the comment section below. Here are (3) showcased authors down below: Showcased Author- 1.) Jori Aguilar Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. Hello! I’m Jori. Over the past fifteen years, I’ve lived in five countries. This has expanded my palette and offered me plenty of material to write about. I studied medicine in university, which left me feeling empty-handed, so instead of reading medical books, I began to concentrate on writing. Since then, I’ve written over twenty books but I’m only just now breaking into the industry and giving it my full attention. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? I’ve set out to write a new series called Making Waves with the first book Making Waves on the Aegean. This story came about when I told some friends over dinner one night about my adventures living on a sailboat in the Greek Isles. I was supposed to be teaching people how to sail, but instead…I was just making waves! My friends loved the story and told me I needed to write a book about it. So I did! I have other books too, with new releases coming out every few months. In 2021, I released four books and I have another one dropping in a couple of months, so if you love books, come explore my mind! Create. Inspire. Repeat. Do you have any unusual writing habits? No. But I get easily distracted. So I do my best creating in solitude where I have nothing but time. What authors, or books have influenced you? I was so inspired by Tolstoy’s War and Peace and what he left behind that I wanted to write a book of my own. I’m also influenced by Dickens and his connection with the working class and what Austen did for women authors. What are you working on now? I’ve just finished my next novel called The Poet. It’s literary fiction based on a true story about an immigrant janitor that stalked me and wrote me poetry years ago. Soon I’ll be starting a fantasy trilogy, testing the market. What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? I’m just learning the art of advertising and how to swim above water in this industry. It’s a numbers game. Trial and error. Do you have any advice for new authors? Keep writing and finding your voice. Write about what you know. What is the best advice you have ever heard? Keep writing and finding your voice. Write about what you know. What are you reading now? I’m not reading anything because I’m writing a book and I don’t want my writing style to be influenced and to change mid-book! I really enjoyed the last book I read, The Thread by Victoria Hislop. What’s next for you as a writer? I have plans to make an audiobook for Making Waves on the Aegean while I search for agents for The Poet and begin writing my fantasy novel. After that, I have two more series in the works. Both literary fiction, one historical fiction work, and a sci-fi. Besides writing books, I write songs. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? The Bible The Doorway Papers by Arthur Custance The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy Author Websites and Profiles Jori Aguilar Website: https://writeious.com/sp/ Jori Aguilar Amazon Profile: https://www.amazon.com/Jori-Aguilar-Sams/e/B00ADN31MS/ Showcased Author- 2.) Zariya Grant Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. I’ve published one book called “I See You,” I started it in high school and revamped it in 2021. I have started other books and ghostwritten a book for a friend. I usually write screenplays, but overall, I just enjoy making a world where I, and others like me, can escape to. So, if you read any of my other writings, they’ll have nods to other works I’ve done. I want my characters to be people everyone can relate to, so I draw from my own experiences as a woman, a Pagan in a family of Christians, a member of the LGBT community, a person of color, and I listen to others and how they want to be seen by the media. Some of my characters will have anxiety, but that doesn’t make them weak, and some of my male characters will be in touch with their nurturing side, which doesn’t make them girly. I can’t wait to share my writing with others. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? “I See You” is my latest book. It started off as a fun concept about witches, in the original draft, there were a lot more comedic moments that maybe I’ll share with the world one day. I ended up revamping it once I saw that witchcraft was becoming popular, but not only was it becoming popular, but a lot of misinformation was being thrown about. I realized: I have a book about witches, I’m a Pagan who dabbles… why not use my book to create the magic I loved from reading books like it when I was a kid, but with a more accurate representation of what magic really is? I also wanted a book where the protagonist was a person of color. Do you have any unusual writing habits? I’ll start writing my story, then go to the last chapter and write how I want it to end. Sometimes I imagine myself as each character to see exactly how they’d respond or act in a chapter. I might look crazy acting everything out, but I feel it’s the best way to keep my characters consistent throughout the story. What authors, or books have influenced you? There was a book I read called “Beautiful Demons” that heavily inspired the sisterhood you see between the female characters in my book. I read the story a long time ago, but I vaguely remember the chapter with the sleepover where the girls went outside and did magic. That inspired the chapter in “I See You” where Marlowe and Fiona are using magic to spice up their sleepover and Fiona gives Marlowe a tarot reading. What are you working on now? I have two ideas related to “I See You” but I don’t know which to start first. I’ll decide when I get more feedback on the first book. For now, I’ll brainstorm and work on my screenplays. What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? Right now, social media in general. My target audience is there, and it’s the best way to circulate information right now. Do you have any advice for new authors? Just write, don’t worry about what other people think. If you worry about any feedback you ‘might’ get, you’ll hold yourself back from writing what you want to. Everyone will have something to say about your work, it just matters if you’re happy with your work. What is the best advice you have ever heard? Just write now and edit later. Don’t focus on typos and errors yet. Worry about those when you reread your work to edit it. It helps me keep focus and write all of my ideas out without getting sidetracked. What are you reading now? Right now, I’m too busy to read anything. What’s next for you as a writer? After promoting my book, I’m focusing on more books and screenplays. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? I See You, and the Beautiful Demons series. Showcased Authors- 3.) Scott and Ashley Roepel Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. We have published three books in our fantasy series, Thread of Souls. We absolutely love the fantasy genre, and these books are based off a TTRPG game we play at home. We fell in love with these stories and characters we created, so it only felt right to turn them into a book series! It’s definitely been a passion project. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? The most recent installment in the Thread of Souls series is Path of the Spiders. It was about three years ago that we played this plotline out at the table. We really loved the darker turn the plot took, and the heavier decisions character had to make. Do you have any unusual writing habits? Turning a TTPRG game into a book series is definitely unusual! We keep very detailed notes at the end of every game we play. And then, years later, we go through those notes to transform them into what is appropriate for a book format. This ends up giving us a highly detailed outline. What authors, or books have influenced you? We’ve always loved the Bartimaeus books by Jonathan Stroud. The style of writing, the rich world, and dynamic characters have stuck with us as some of the best work we’ve ever read. What are you working on now? We are currently working on the fourth book in the series! Asunder will be out in December of this year. We are so excited to tease it throughout the year! What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? As indie authors, we are still learning that, haha. But it seems people can’t easily resist free ebooks! Do you have any advice for new authors? Write what you want to write. At the end this project, if you don’t like it or feel moved by it, then the promotional part won’t be any fun at all. But if you pour your heart and soul into it, then it won’t matter if it gets a million sales or none at all, you still will love it. What is the best advice you have ever heard? We can’t remember where it came from now, but it was about not worrying about what is trendy in the moment. The truest and best stories transcend trends. What are you reading now? Recently finished Six of Crows and currently are working out way through the older Dragonlance books. What’s next for you as a writer? We have an eight-book series planned for Thread of Souls, which we call the Spider Octology. Beyond that, we have many more prequels, supplements, and other stories to tell within this world! If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? Wow, what a good question! Probably all four of the Bartimaeus books, haha. We can never grow tired of reading those. Author Websites and Profiles Scott and Ashley Roepel Website: https://talandrudungeonloot.com/ Scott and Ashley Roepel Amazon Profile: https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B07K1J6SDK Thanks for helping me earn some karma by checking out this content today. Let me know, in the comment section below, if you either like or dislike the author showcase content? I'm also sharing my latest (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. This new short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, by all means, let me know what you think? Check out the links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. Hopefully, I will hang out and do some fun activities with Melissa very soon. I need to go focus on a little more pimping out my content on social media then get some rest. Enjoy your Wednesday now that we are in the middle of grinding out the work week. I wish you a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de
Photo Credit: Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician
Photo Credit: Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #41: Part A- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1G4Y14pAiw Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #42: Part B- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Nsbehf3Fbh0 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment