Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Vol. #3: Showcasing (3) More Awesome Gang Authors!!

Photo Credit: https://awesomegang.com/ Hello Everyone! Hopefully, you are relaxing within the four walls of a warm and dry environment on this Tuesday evening!? If you are the night owl working away, I tip my hat to you sir or ma'am. May you have a safe evening and a restful day upon the end of your shift. I always respect the hustle. I received an email that my newest short story, for Kindle Vella on Amazon, #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools" is now live. My task this week is to create and edit the audio version of "Not All Girls Play With Dolls". This post is intended to share even more work of some independent authors, such as myself, and earn some good karma in the process. Why not offer you a taste of a variety of authors with different content? Feel free to copy and past and share this content on your blog, if you like. For now, I'm connecting with the authors in an effort to build my author network. Hopefully, they will follow back. I'm game to cross promote each other on social media as well. Just let me know or re-tweet one of my posts and I will automatically return the favor. I'm totally cool with it all. When you are a small content creator, it is important to help others out. I'm debating about posting questions for the authors down below and connect with them to answer them. I'm then thinking that they are answering enough questions already. Let me know your thoughts on that personal suggestion down the in the comment section below. Here are (3) showcased authors down below: Showcased Author 1.) Jasmine Farrell Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. I’m from Brooklyn, New York and I ‘m a foodie. I love doing voice overs for poems and I love coloring or playing board games when I’m stressed. I grew up pretty sheltered so I’m a bit of a late bloomer with this whole, “Living my own life!” thing. Having a blast so far though. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? I released my debut novel, Sloppy on January 11th, 2022. In 2018, after a counseling session, I decided to truthfully share and vent what I went through in black and white. When I read it back, I realized: There is a story in this that many can relate too. A fiction story about my own past was brewing and I had to get it out. However, once I dug in, the characters began to show me who they were. I let the characters fly out of my timeline and plot. What was supposed to be 80% based on a true story is now 20% based on a true story. Do you have any unusual writing habits? I still write 55% of my drafts and other works by hand. I know, I know…double the work, but I can’t help it! What authors, or books have influenced you? Yes! Zora Neale Hurston, Eric Jerome Dickey and Toni Morrison. They haven’t influenced my writing perse but they made me realize that my voice, my writing has room at the table as well. What are you working on now? I’m currently working on the second installment of Sloppy. What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? BookBuzz.net Amanda is dope! Do you have any advice for new authors? Don’t be afraid to share your words! Don’t worry if it’s messy, you can clean it up. Don’t worry about the errors, you can make corrections. Write. There is an audience for you (outside of yourself). What is the best advice you have ever heard? If the book you’re itching to read is nowhere to be found- that’s because you’re meant to write it. What are you reading now? Purple Flames : Inferno of Poetry by Shana A What’s next for you as a writer? To complete the Sloppy series (there will be 3-4 books in total). If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? Chasing Destiny by Eric Jerome Dickey Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston Sula by Toni Morrison Author Websites and Profiles Jasmine Farrell Website: https://www.jasminefarrell.com/ Jasmine Farrell Amazon Profile: https://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Farrell/e/B00O61D484 Showcased Author 2.) Jason Fisk Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. Jason Fisk lives and writes in the suburbs of Chicago. He has worked in a psychiatric unit, labored in a cabinet factory, and mixed cement for a bricklayer. He was born in Ohio, raised in Minnesota, and has spent the last few decades in the Chicago area. He has had essays, short stories, and poems published in various online and print journals. He recently had a small collection of poetry published by Kelsay Books: Sub Urbane. He has also had a number of books and chapbooks published: Sadly Beautiful, essays, poems, and short stories published by Leaf Garden Press; Salt Creek Anthology, a collection of micro-fiction published by Chicago Center for Literature and Photography; the fierce crackle of fragile wings, a collection of poetry published by Six Gallery Press; as well as two poetry chapbooks: The Sagging: Spirits and Skin, and Decay, both published by Propaganda Press. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? The Craigslist Incident was inspired by a news article that I read about a young lady who took a hit out on herself through a Craigslist advertisement. I couldn’t shake the article, and I began following the situation, reading everything that I could find on the internet. It haunted me. I just knew that I had to write about it. What would drive a young lady to take a hit out on herself, and what kind of person would answer the advertisement? Do you have any unusual writing habits? Unfortunately, I do not have any unusual writing habits. What authors, or books have influenced you? When I was a young reader, I loved Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls. It’s the first book that made me cry. I also loved Mark Twain and E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web (the second book that made me cry). Other authors who have influenced me are: William Carlos Williams, John Irving, Flannery O’Connor, Toni Morrison, Miriam Toews, Sandra Cisneros, Chuck Palahniuk, and many more. What are you working on now? Currently, I am working on a new novel, and that’s all I’m going to say about it; I don’t want to jinx myself. I also enjoy writing poetry when I have an idea for a poem, and/or I need a break from writing the novel. What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? I think the best method for promoting books is through word of mouth, so any social media website where I am active and able spread the word about the book is good. I really like Goodreads because it is for people who like to read books. Do you have any advice for new authors? Be willing to put in the hard work. Also, read, read, and read some more. What is the best advice you have ever heard? My mom always told my sisters and I to place people over things. I know it’s not writing advice, but it is something that I have adopted as a life philosophy. What are you reading now? I am currently reading Jim Harrison’s Complete Poems. I adore him as a writer. What’s next for you as a writer? I have a novel coming out from Unsolicited Press in June, The Craigslist Incident. I’m very excited about it, so I’d have to say that the novel’s release is the next thing I’m focusing on as a writer. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? I would bring Miriam Toews’ All My Puny Sorrows; Jim Harrison’s Complete Poems; John Irving’s A Prayer for Owen Meany; and, last but certainly not least, Toni Morrison’s Beloved. Author Websites and Profiles Jason Fisk Website: http://www.jasonfisk.com/ Jason Fisk Amazon Profile: https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Fisk/e/B00JCV5NZU%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share Showcased Author 3.) Marie-Claire Ross Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written. I love reading books on human behaviour and running a business. I find it fascinating to learn new things that make us better as human beings. I have written two books. My first book was Transform your Safety Communication. My latest book is called Trusted to Thrive: How leaders create connected and accountable teams. What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it? My latest book is called Trusted to Thrive: How leaders create connected and accountable teams. It was inspired by the research and work that I have been doing within organisations during the pandemic. I found that leaders were losing their confidence on how to lead people when they were working from home. The pandemic has really created a need for leaders do lead differently. Unfortunately, many leaders are going back to the bad habits that sort of worked before COVID. It’s now time to lead differently or risk career failure. Do you have any unusual writing habits? I love writing. I get a bit obsessed by it. If I can’t sleep, I’ll just get up and write. That could mean writing at 1am in the morning or 4am. I then sleep in and start my day a bit later. What authors, or books have influenced you? I love books by Dan Pink, Malcolm Gladwell, Jim Collins and Liz Wise. Business books that are heavily researched and well written. They make you look at the world differently. What are you working on now? I am turning my TRUSTED TO THRIVE book into a training program. What is your best method or website when it comes to promoting your books? I have had a blog since 2009 and while it has changed, a lot of my audience have hung on. I find writing weekly and letting people know what my new book is about generates a lot excitement. I also ask my readers for help. My book title and cover were all tested with my readers. Do you have any advice for new authors? Keep going. Don’t stop writing. I started writing weekly in 2009, but I didn’t have the confidence to write my first book until 2013. I was more than ready. If you are writing a lot, just know that you are ready to get your book written. What is the best advice you have ever heard? Ignore the little negative voice in your head. It’s only useful if it’s asking “is this of interest to my readers?’ Anything else is a distraction. What are you reading now? Sense-making by Christian Madsbjerg What’s next for you as a writer? Promoting my latest book and getting it into the hands of as many people as possible. If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and allowed to take 3 or 4 books with you what books would you bring? You can heal your life by Louise Hay Ask and it is given by Esther Hicks Atlas Shrugged A new book I haven’t read. Doesn’t seem any point to read business books when you are stranded! Author Websites and Profiles Marie-Claire Ross Website: https://www.marie-claireross.com/blog Marie-Claire Ross Amazon Profile: https://www.amazon.com/Marie-Claire-Ross/e/B00HS7SQUE Thanks for helping me earn some karma by checking out this content today. Let me know, in the comment section below, if you either like or dislike the author showcase content? I'm also sharing my latest (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. This new short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, by all means, let me know what you think? Check out the links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. Hopefully, I will hang out and do some fun activities with Melissa very soon. I need to go focus on a little more pimping out my content on social media then get some rest. Enjoy your Tuesday now that we are back to grinding out the work week again. I wish you a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de
Photo Credit: Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician
Photo Credit: Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #41: Part A- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1G4Y14pAiw Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #42: Part B- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Nsbehf3Fbh0 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment