Sunday, May 30, 2021

What Does It Mean When A Person Asks To Take A Couple Days?

Hello Everyone! I stumbled upon another question on Quora. Are you surprised!? No, I know you are not-LOL! :P Well, buckle up for this messy ride! I did take some time to analyze the question. My knee jerk opinion is that this person is super emotionally charged. So emotionally charged, the other person is concerned for their welfare and safety. If that is the case, it is not a one time hard luck story. That is a deep dive into a constant saga of misery and/or deep emotions. The person is trapped in their head and existing in a constant realm of worst case scenarios. I find people who get worked up to the point where others fear their safety, that can be a form of manipulation. Through their emotions, they get attention and put others on high alert. No one is responsible for the welfare of a person but themselves. Why make it a concern for others? I believe that people thrive off of the attention, gaining sympathy, and getting over financially via a good heart who takes the bait. Why seek attention in an unhealthy way to give concern to others? How did it start? What does the individual gain from causing worry to others? Am I reading too deep into this question? Maybe. Maybe not. It could very well be two souls forcing this union upon each other despite not being a good fit. I tend to not want to welcome a long dragged out sob story each time I see someone. I understand having fear of a worst case scenario or actually enduring an emotionally challenging situation is stressful. I understand that the process of trying to triumph over a bad situation takes a tremendous amount of mental bandwidth. However, others should not feel like they must walk on egg shells around the person where that lasts forever. Nor should others be tasked with babysitting the emotional welfare of another person (unless it is children under 18-years old). It is not good to have others perceive that you will inflict self harm. I perceived, despite working with very limited information, that the writer of the comment is a woman. It has to be a woman!! :P I absolutely cannot believe that the writer is a man. In my travels, women are typically the more emotional creatures versus men. I rarely see men as emotional. If a man is emotional, he is a little light in his loaffers and rather feminine (a JOKE!). Wait a minute!! I just envisioned the guys at coffee break, over the years in my career, whining and crying about their lives on the jobsite. Nevermind!! Scratch that!! The writer could be a man, woman, or what they identify in between! In case you are not aware, I am not a member of the sympathy club. After all, I didn't grow up with such special treatment. I never attempted to evoke sympathy from my parents. Quite frankly, I would have been left in the dust with my attempted mess as a kid. If anything, I was forced to be tough. I believe that I had no choice. Crying or attempting to gain sympathy would not have worked in my household. Once you learn how to be tough and resilient, it is hard to shake it and become someone else. I was "daddy's little boy" growing up so I was not house trained to be super feminine. My dad used to tell me that he wanted a son and got a daughter instead. Armed with this inapproprate, extra information, I needed to prove myself that I was capable of doing what boys could do while even better. I was raised to shut up, wipe my tears, and be tough. I didn't receive sympathy of any kind so it is hard to offer it as an adult. This is especially true if a person is trying to manipulate or not legit with their crisis. I do remember being overwhelmed with tough situations when I was younger. However, I learned the ropes and that everything works out for the best. I have been annoyed at other people who expect me to be something that I am not. Do not expect things from people just because you do it. Them not behaving like you does not mean that they don't care. They were raised differently and have different experiences. If someone tells me a sob story, I tend to try to come up with a solution. I offer words of encouragement, via a way to get out of the problem with sacrafice and as quickly as possible. I do not pack on a bunch of sympathy. It would be inauthentic for me to do that. I do not contantly badger them wanting an update on the saga either. I find tough issues as touchy and not something I should badger another person to share further. If they want to provide an update, I will listen. I just don't encourage people to sits around and constantly cry and whine about their life. I want my friends to slap me hard if I fall into some zombie trap where I always discuss my bullshit. What can I say, I was raised by wolves (shrugs shoulders). I am blessed that my female friends are some good kick ass women who figure out their problems with solutions. Any one of my lady friends power through life and have many achievements. I am proud of each and every one of them! If there is something bad going on, they don't sit and stay in any sadness. If knocked on the ground, they dust themselves off and get back up to fight. Armed with a solution, they work to get out and come back stronger than ever. I do not have to keep in constant communication either. We can go a few months or even years without speaking and it can be like we never had a gap. I love my lady friends who are not needy with our friendship. Well, now that I have alientated just about everyone from telling me their problems, here is the question below and my response. I am providing the link below to the thread so you can check out the other answers to the question. POSED QUESTION: "What does it mean when he says let’s take a couple days because he is worried about me?" MY RESPONSE: "Well, I am missing some more details on this question. Therefore, I will try the best that I can to take a stab at it. When a person is saying, “let’s take a couple of days” that means they want a mutual break. When it is followed by being “worried about me”, it appears to be your issue and not his issue. He is worried about your safety. Perhaps the person believes that you have exceeded your threshold of conflict. He wants to give you some time to decompress, breathe, and re-think. The wise thing to do is to give some space to him and to yourself. Be kind to yourself, whatever is the problem, and work to come up with a compromise and a solution. You must know that life is full of ups and downs. It is not always a joyous occasion. You will have arguments and have to figure out how to get out of bad situations. There is always some form of a solution. As you get older, you learn to loosen up on the small things. You make firm decisions on the big things to cross you path. If two people are repeatedly toxic towards each other and there is no resolution, it is most healthy to cut ties. Your life path offers more than one connection. You are supposed to learn lessons and overcome them. Perhaps you are supposed to just learn a lesson then move on. I know it doesn’t feel like that right now. Only you know the dynamics and what you should do. You know if you should dial it back and apologize, re-think the situation, lay low until he apologizes, relax then come back to the table and negotiate, or cut your losses and walk away. No matter the situation, this is not the end of your story. Just know that. The sun always shines after the rain. I sincerely wish you luck on making the wisest decision". https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-when-he-says-let-s-take-a-couple-days-because-he-is-worried-about-me?show_editor=True I thank you for stopping by my page to peep what I have put together. I am behind on checking out questions intended for me on Quora. Therefore, I will share the varying content. Your input on the topic is welcomed down in the comment section. Let me know what you want to add? I hope you continue to enjoy family time this weekend while honoring the families who served in our armed forces for our country. Wherever you are in the globe, I wish ya a peaceful or fun filled Saturday night into Sunday morning! I shall speak with you all very soon! Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment