Saturday, January 30, 2021

I'm Looking to Share Fellow Author Content & Seeking Advice on Domestic Violence- Check Out Questions, Answer, and Reply if Interested

Photo Credit: Clipart Library hello everyone! Calling all female & male authors who are against domestic violence to encourage victims to stand up and step out of an abusive relationship! In my younger years, I was a fiercely independent woman. This came on full force once I became a widow. You could have never told me anything different. I was raised by my father, despite his controlling nature, to "stand on my own two feet". I learned that there is great power in the ability of my mind and my own two hands. I never believed in dating a man for his money or asking for help. I used to actually have male coworkers ask me why I wasn't a "kept" woman. My response was often along the lines of, "because I am capable of taking care of myself". I absolutely love the freedom of choice that comes from making my own life. As I have gotten older, I have started to believe that sometimes it takes a village to look after each other. What one can do on their own is amazing. What people can do when joining forces, is even more powerful and amazing. I am a fan of authors cross promoting their work. I would like to showcase different authors from all walks of life. This exercise also helps me learn from other viewpoints so that I may expand my topics for my podcast- thank you in advance. For this particular post, I am looking for strong independent women. I even welcome male authors who are fiercely against domestic violence to share their content as well. I never want to assume that only women are victims. I believe that the road is tough for a man since it is embarrassing, potentially demasculinizing, and not such a widely touched on topic. I equally champion for men of domestic violence as well. If interested, here is my proposal. I had a lady approve and comment on my topic of domestic violence. She said that there are many women who face the daily fear of a man they cannot escape. They need encouragement that it is possible to live in peace and stand in your own power. It would be impactful if we showcase strong independent women to show abused women that it is possible to escape. If interested, I have listed a series of questions for you to fill out. Once completed, reply your answers to this post. I will then post in a separate thread and promote your book content on my Construction Tales Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr. All I ask is that your return the favor on your media platform. At the very least, posting my responses to your blog. I will then seek out a different type of author from a different viewpoint in life from around the globe. I look forward to learning from you all and helping each of us grow from obscurity. Even if you choose to just read, I thank you for taking time to stop by my post. If you have a type of author you are interested in, please suggest. Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author & Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast on Spotify (coming soon) #DomesticViolence #fear #abuse #StrongWomen #agony #pain #dread #help #Strong #Women #Independent #power #StandInYourPower #stopfighting #peace #love #ChooseBetter #YouCanDoIt #YouAreWorthIt #QandA #authors #StandUp #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict Author Questions What is your name and what is the title of your book? Offer a brief summary of your book? Where can your book be found to purchased? Do you have an audio version of your book? What impact does your book have on domestic violence victims? How long ago has it been since you were in an abusive relationship? (if applicable) What was the tipping point for you to decide to remove yourself from the abuse? (if applicable) How did you discover your own power to either not/no longer accept abuse? What are some warning signs of a person being abusive? What advice can you offer to a victim of domestic violence? My Completed Author Questions What is your name and what is the title of your book? My name is Leslie M. Jasper and I am the author of the book entitled, Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey to Become an Electrician Offer a brief summary of your book? My book covers my work life during my 5 year apprenticeship to become a female journeywoman electrician in New York. The book showcases the various antics of my coworkers along with their charming personalities. Where can your book be found to purchased? #ConstructionTales can be purchased in paperback and e-book form on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and on iTunes. I have an edited teen version that is entitled, Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide to Accomplish Anything In Life. Content about the book can be found on my #VerballyDisastrous podcast and blog at www.constructiontales.com as well as many forms of social media under my name. Do you have an audio version of your book? Yes, the audio version is available on #Audible as well. What impact does your book have on domestic violence victims? I wrote about how I was able to power my way through my apprenticeship years despite facing many obstacles and negative feedback. I used wit and humor to combat those negative comments and perceptions. I woke up each day with 50 goals and purpose to forge ahead. I refused to give up no matter how tough some environments were at the time. I even had some guys make the exception for me= winning! How long ago has it been since you were in an abusive relationship? (if applicable) The last time I was in an abusive relationship was about 20-25 years ago. Any man that I date today knows that I have my own solid foundation and I am not afraid to part ways at the first sight of abuse. It also helps being physically strong in stature. A man doesn't want to take the chance of being hit back. What was the tipping point for you to decide to remove yourself from the abuse? (if applicable) I endured the discovery process of cheating. Upon confrontation, the response was rage and abusive behavior. I was responded to via a sudden grab of the back of the head by my hair and slamming my face swiftly into the hard table. One time I was trying to leave and he smashed my window on my car (he felt guilty and replaced it). Eventually, you get tired of being in a constant state of walking on egg shells. The tipping point was the discovery of my own evolution of constant emotional anger. I could never escape the sensation of constantly feeling angry, sad, and hopeless. That anger seeped into my personality and there were more bad days than good. Once I realized that this will never change, I removed myself from his presence. The process of emotionally detaching yourself from someone you love is the hardest thing in life to sever!!! It was like emotionally chopping your own body part off of you. The subsequent healing process is super vital with the solid promise to never allow it within your personal space ever again. I drowned myself in work to keep my mind distracted while I healed. How did you discover your own power to either not/no longer accept abuse? I started out as a young girl thinking that abuse what just a side effect of being in a relationship. After all, I witnessed it as a child thinking it was the template in life. I didn't even meet a strong woman until I was a senior in high school. Once I realized a different dynamic exists, I felt encouraged. I discovered my own power once I took the steps to develop my own career. I felt good about myself and it shifted my confidence and my vibrations. You have to stand in this energy field of strength. Strong energy must seep from you so that anyone can immediately recognize it. Abusive men will see their own way out since they know, without words even spoken, that I will not tolerate it. What are some warning signs of a person being abusive? I believe some of the warning signs include: 1) disclosing a history of childhood abuse, 2) how a man/woman speaks about women/men, 3) the quickness of a man's/woman's temper, 4) a man's/woman's relationship/dynamics is with his/her mother, 5) a man's/woman's relationship (or lack thereof) with his/her father, 6) a man's/woman's dating/marriage history, 7) a man's/woman's route to problem solving skills, 8) a man's/woman's communication skill level, 9) a man's/woman's current place in life, 10) a snapshot of the woman's/man's level of contentment with life What advice can you offer to a victim of domestic violence? Gravitate to strong women/men and seek advice from strong women/men and actually follow it. Learn to love yourself, build your confidence, and stand in that power. You must believe in it for it to work. Work to depend on yourself and build that empire on your own so that you are at no one's mercy. Come to that point that you are willing to walk away from anything that causes you pain. Your partner should know without a shadow of a doubt that you will walk if abused. When you meet someone for the first time, you must let them know that abuse is the cause for pushing the eject button on the relationship. Set those boundaries and actively follow through on your words so they are not empty. Most importantly, be okay in your own company and the concept of being alone. It is much more peaceful and less dangerous to be lonely on your own vs lonely and abused in the company of an abuser. I wish you luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment