Thursday, October 6, 2016

My New Job As An Assistant Project Manager in NYC!!

hello everyone, It has been awhile since I spoke about my current work. I am coming up on my 21st work anniversary in the trades on 12/10/16. I used to work with the tools up in Westchester and Fairfield territories of Local #3 IBEW. We endured MASSIVE amounts of unemployment after the latest recession. I went back to school and earned my master's degree in business. This degree and my OSHA 500 training helped me tremendously on my interview for the job I have now. My last day working with the tools was March 7, 2014. I was fearful of being out of work for a HUGE block of time again. Already out of work for (2) 1 year stints out of work! It was crippling me economically!! I was so happy to get hired on for the largest electrical contractor in NYC 6 weeks after my layoff! I started out working as a junior engineer and a CAD Operator who was making the blueprints. I learned on the job. Over time, the project manager needed help working on his tasks. I started doing more and more project manager tasks. I enjoyed doing that work much more than engineering! After some time on those tasks, I finally get my job as an assistant project manager! I am continuing to work on the project I started on in Brooklyn. Now I just inherited a new job in Queens to work on. I got a company handbook on project manager procedures. I am very happy to be in my position full time now. My goal is to run a project solo in the future!! My goal is to inspire others who want this career path. It is possible if you put in the extra time and effort to learn as much as you can! Thanks for reading what I have shared this evening! Have a great day/evening wherever you are in the world!! Cheers! Leslie M Jasper www.lesliemjasper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment