Sunday, August 28, 2016

Birthday Reflection August of 2016

hello everyone! Today is my birthday and I am into my 40's. I am reflecting on the events that have occured during the journey of my life. I started out in a poor family out in Oregon. I grew up with a sister, named Kim, and we endured a divorce when I was 7 years old. We moved from our dad to a new step dad in the same day. As an adult, I understand why my mom did it-we were poor but her actions kept us off welfare. I moved in with my dad and step mom hoping for a different life- ended up being a big mistake since my step mom was evil! I earned a 2nd sister, named Lisa, when my dad married her mother. The strict home environment motivated me to join the military a few weeks after high school. I met and married a Marine while stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. We relocated and came to New York. I was pregnant and gave birth to my son, Tom. About 2 years into our marriage, Jimmy died in a motorcycle accident. By this time, I was a first year apprentice electrician and had just bought a house. I finished my associates degree in business and my apprenticeship years later. Meet someone who I felt could be a family guy. I have my 2nd son with him while gaining more experience in the trade. Survived a huge recession and went back to school and earned my bachelors and then my masters in business. Parted ways with someone I was with for over a decade. Watched my first born graduate high school and go on to start college. Now he is working for an electrical contractor and going to be an apprentice electrician like his mom. I interviewed and got an engineering gig. Learning autocad and then project manager tasks. Going in the project manager direction since I like that better. Hitting my 5 year milestone as a teacher and writing coach for Empire College. I plan to retire teaching since I enjoy it. I can't forget that when I was unemployed for a long time, I wrote and published my first book, Construction Tales. I started writing Volume 2 and another book, Transcend Against All Odds. I am watching my son Johnny become a young man as well. Trying to sell my house and move to the city to be closer to my job. I have a fiance, Curt, that I love to death. We have a long distant relationship. He may take up a job in the NYC area so we can be around each other more. We will retire in Southern Florida together in the future in our beach front condo. There are opportunities for advancement within my company in the meantime. I look back on my beginnings as a poor girl in Oregon to now and I did pretty amazing! My life has taken alot of hard work to get there but I am there. I need to do more mentoring and charity work. I am grateful for my achievments so far. I look forward to to future chapters of my life to take place. Thanks for reading my reflection! Have a great day! Count your blessings!! Cheers! Leslie M Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment