Thursday, October 27, 2016

Melicca Niccole- 15 Books/Poetry And Counting! Transcend Against All Odds- My New Book In The Works!

hello everyone! I have introduced Melica Niccole in the past posts in my blog. I am working on a few projects with her. She is super motivated so I enjoy her energy! We share that motivation so we work well together! We both have demanding day jobs. She even moved from Ohio to New Jersey to pursue her book projects even deeper. I admire that dedication and those are ingredients for success! I know she has written a few books and does her poetry. I didn't realize that she wrote 15 books!! I feel so lazy with my writing talking to her! I get sidetracked doing home improvement projects since I am in the process of selling my house. It is women like her who motivate me to do more than what I am doing now. The funny thing is I probably do plenty already. I just know that rubbing elbows with fellow motivated people pushes me to do more! I have no idea if that is a good thing or a bad thing yet! I find watching tv to be boring and non-productive so I don't do much of it. I did put in an app in my phone, called Dragon. I try to use it to talk into and write while I am driving. I have started writing a different book entitled, Transcend Against All Odds. I am writing about the struggle of a young woman coming from an abusive and drug infested home. She fights poverty and bad examples to blaze her own trail and become successful and independent. She must free her mind from the mental abuse from her step mom, sexual molestation by her father, abandonment issues from her mother, and physical abuse at the hands of her father. This story dives deep into the mind of a wounded woman and the process of trying to self healing of her mind, body, and soul. I fell off the radar with it for awhile. I am juggling alot of personal transitions that soak up alot of my energy for the past year. I have to get myself back into it using that commuting time more wisely. I spend about 2-4 hours a day in the car getting back and forth to work. I need people like Melica in my life; motivated people motivate me! I am sure that I motivate others to do things they normally drop off doing. This is why I often help Melica with her marketing as much as I can. Even highly motivated people must get some good energy from others. I am working on promoting the Newark Library Expo happening this weekend in Newark- October 29th from 10am-5pm. Stop by her table and check out her books. A copy of my edited version of the book, Construction Tales, will be with her on the table. Her website is: www.melicaniccole.com Her many works:
As always, thank you for stopping by to read my blog! Cheers! Leslie M Jasper

No comments:

Post a Comment