Sunday, June 7, 2015

Looking Forward to Meeting Fellow Authors at 2nd Annual Independent Author Expo in New Jersey October 24,2015!!

Hello everyone! I wanted to share again that I am going to attend the 2nd Annual Independent Author Expo in Elizabeth, New Jersey. It will take place at the Crown Plaza on October 24, 2015 and runs from 11-4pm. The event is FREE to the public! You get to see a variety of authors speak about their book. Fellow author Renaee Smith was gracious to extend an invitation to the event. I am working on seeing if I can get my teen version of my book exposed as well! That version is entitled, Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide to Accomplish Anything in Life. It is available on Amazon. For authors to register for the event, just reach out to Renaee Smith at www.iabx.org and get started. You will get a table and have about 5 minutes to pitch your book. In addition, have a few copies on hand to sell to potential book buyers. I am excited to work with a relatively new group of people on this venture. There needs to be more of these venues in an effort to showcase books by independent authors. My book is considered unique so I didn't get a shot from traditional publishers. I am grateful to Amazon since this vehicle made my goal of being an author possible. I wanted to tell readers how my journey to become a female electrician is possible. I think it is important to inspire other women and minorities to take on a challenge despite opposition and a warm embrace. I give the gift of using humor to combat negative energy from coworkers who do not think you belong there. Hard work, humor, and tuning out negative comments will help you accomplish your goals. At some point, people will give you a pass after proving that you are a hard worker and refuse to allow anything to beat you down. It is important to make light of all nonsense and do not take it to heart or hold onto the negative energy. I always tell some of my young mentees that success is the best revenge in life. Doing good is good for yourself and puts anyone who doubted you right in their place. Well, I must get off here and get some more tasks accomplished. I will certainly speak to you all again.mi was thinking of doing a few YouTube clips talking about sections of the book. I will digest and break down a chapter and fully explain my position. I will share those when they become available. As always, thanks for reading! Cheers! Leslie M Jasper (Stakley) http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4pwkDCCgc5A/VTpRipeOMSI/AAAAAAAAAZM/gHBdQp7wBzE/s1600/IABX%25252B2015%25252BFLier.jpg&imgrefurl=http://theresaacampbell.com/?page_id%3D38&h=1600&w=1237&tbnid=WrxSet9DwnQU8M:&zoom=1&docid=wH-PmuioJfSDuM&ei=k0N0Vc-YFMKesAX6r4CICg&tbm=isch&ved=0CE4QMygfMB8

No comments:

Post a Comment