Monday, March 21, 2022

Can A Man Be A Feminist??

Photo Credit: https://www.amazon.com/Cindy-Beautiful-Bird-Kingsley-Osajie/dp/1098011228 Hello Everyone! Good afternoon to you all on this Monday morning from the construction site in New York City. How was your weekend?? I did attend a St. Patrick's parade on Saturday that involved getting together with some fellow journeymen electricians for some afternoon bar hopping. It was good to connect with some friends and have a great time. For this blog post, I'm sharing with you a young man's book and blog content from Nigeria. I'm introducing to you a young man by the name of Kingsley Kaycee Osajie. He even has a Go Fund Me page with a goal of getting to Canada to have a fresh start. I have spoken with him, via social media, and he appears to be a kind, young man. I saw his short story #25 courtesy of the "Your Story" YouTube channel. I see that he got a publisher to take on his first book which is fabulous. He has a goal to start a new life in Canada. I wish him much luck on achieving that lofty goal! He did share with me that he believes that Americans are fortunate. We are fortunate to have wise leaders and ancestors. I understand that life is all about perception. There are many pros vs cons to living in the United States and dealing with our own government. However, this is not the movies here. The average American must work very hard to enjoy a slice of our life. The vast majority of us have to work hard for what we want in life since it's not freely given. After my husband died, I worked 120 hours a week on three jobs to keep my head afloat for a number of years. I didn't have my own parents to help me and limited help from my deceased husband's family. I never believed that anyone owed me. It was totally up to me to keep a roof over my head. I was born and raised out in Coos Bay, Oregon. I moved to New York as a young adult with my husband. When he died, I felt very much alone and in my own bubble. I didn't have any friends or family to even speak with about my widowed, single mom struggle. It was just put your pants on and go out and make it happen. I stayed here in New York since there are way more economic opportunities here versus there. The down side is that it is extremely expensive to live in New York City compared to other cities in the United States. Therefore, you have to really work hard to survive in this part of the world. I realize that I have never been to Africa or Nigeria to see the overview of the economic viability of his country. I value seeing my part of the world through his eyes since it renews my perspective of my own slice of the globe. His feedback reminds me that life could always be even more challenging than it already is today. I'm trying to imagine myself in his shoes. It must be rough if there is no good work in your town and the rest of the country's economic opportunities are exactly just as bleak. The key is to count your blessings, no matter where you are, and go out and chase those goals. If you keep working on those goals, you will eventually achieve what you are seeking with consistent energy. Kingsley's first book is entitled, "Cindy and Her Beautiful Bird". Here is a synopsis of the book: "Cindy and Her Beautiful Bird is an exquisite book about Cindy and her loving moments with Amy, her pet bird. This is a story of the intimacy and challenges of a little girl called Cindy and her beautiful songbird, Amy. Cindy’s bird, Amy, affected her positively. It shows how children can be attached with pets once a cordial relationship has been formed. In this story, Cindy showed us that children can have unwavering faith, even if it seemed goofy, unrealistic, and an illusion! Despite all odds about the whereabouts of Cindy’s bird, she kept believing and having faith." -Cindy and Here Beautiful Bird, By Kingsley Kaycee Osajie Now, during my exchanges with Kingsley, he shared with me an article on gender equality that is on his blog. I first chuckled when he told me that he considers himself to be a feminist. I went ahead and read the article on his blog. I found the societal thinking on gender roles to be rather interesting in Nigeria. I didn't realize the extent to which women and young girls are prevented from obtaining an education!! I see the women's rights marches here in the United States. The women here in the United States have many privilege's compared to other countries around the globe. I honestly do not feel totally oppressed. I have dealt with some assholes during my career path that made things harder than they needed to be. I discovered that the logical thought process when trying to block the women from going to school is that they will just end up in the kitchen and raising the babies. An education is a waste of time because of those mom duties. If the husband dies or leaves the family, how is the woman supposed to make money to feed her children?? I do remember my dad, as a young teen, telling me that going to college is a waste of time if the objective is to get married and raise kids. He didn't consider the impact of being a widow when he took a position on the subject. The good thing is that he never prevented me from doing what I wanted to do on my own. I did join the military with the intention of eventually going to college. It appears that, in Nigerian society, they go to great lengths in order to hamper a woman's progress. The men do not want the women to be more successful than them. While reading his blog, I learned about the 1989 École Polytechnique massacre where a shooter opened fire and killed 14 women in a mechanical engineering class in Montreal, Canada. The shooter claimed that he was "fighting feminism". The fact that a guy felt entitled to shoot up a classroom of young women who are just trying to get an education is so sad and traumatic for the students who survived!! After reading this particular blog post, I now understand that what he was saying was not just some modern buzz word. He belongs of a group of modern men in Nigeria who see the value of a woman's contribution to society. He is surrounded by men who think contrary to his beliefs. The fact that he thinks way differently than the average way is rather honorable. Armed with this article, his proclamation of being a feminist hits way differently. The more men who think like Kingsley in the long run will cause the Nigerian societal mindset of tomorrow to shift. Check out the article for yourself in the link down below. Kingsley's Blog Post On Gender Equality: https://kingsley-osajie.com/2021/03/21/gender-equity-all-genders-are-important/ Kingsley's Go Fund Me Page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/bring-a-beautiful-soul-to-canada?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer Kingsley's Story on YouTube: https://youtu.be/lFuXB62XZ2k Thanks for hitting up my blog post to read Kingsley's related content today. I found his blog post on the culture of gender roles in Nigeria to be rather interesting. Let me know your thoughts on the content by author Kingsley Kaycee Osajie? Do you believe that men can be feminists? I find great value with men who don't have an ax to grind with ambitious women. Drop your comments down in the comment section below on the topic. I most certainly wish him luck on chasing his goals! I'm sharing my latest (8) podcast episodes that come from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. Now that I have released my children's book, I can try to resume doing some more podcast episodes. If you read a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. This new short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, by all means, let me know what you think? Check out the links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. I'm here at work semi-bored so I'm delivering some reading content to you. Have a wonderful Monday now that we are back to the beginning of a work week. I wish you a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day!
Photo Credit: Not All Girls Play With Dolls Front & Back Cover by Leslie M. Jasper
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VWC64Q2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3A5SEW7F1NPAR&keywords=not+all+girls+play+with+dolls+leslie+m+jasper&qid=1647608935&sprefix=not+all+girls+play+with+dolls+l%2Caps%2C398&sr=8-1
Photo Credit: Call To Action Marketing Logo- John Collazo, CEO Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #41: Part A- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1G4Y14pAiw Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #42: Part B- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Nsbehf3Fbh0 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46: Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment