Monday, March 7, 2022

Advice: What Is Wrong With Being Woke??

Photo Credit: www.rickthomas.net Hello Everyone! How is your Monday going, my friend? Yes, it's painful to be back in the work week grind on a Monday. I'm grateful that it's another quiet on my jobsite today. As I keep asking in each of my posts, please connect with my son John Collazo on his social media that is under his name for his "Call To Action Marketing" #CTAMarketing brand that he is building. For this blog post, I'm sharing with you another piece of Quora advice that I found to be interesting. Tackling the topic of "being woke" sometimes feels like you may step on an angry hornet's nest. I'm aware that words being said today tend to deeply impact others in a more intense way than in the past. I try to take that into consideration when I'm speaking. I may not be successful at it but I do try at least. The leaders of the past were far less sensitive than today. Back in the 1980's and 1990's, you would not have survived if you were very sensitive. Reality back then was rather harsh compared to today. I can only imagine the climate of the 70's and earlier! Woof!! I see the value of the woke generation and I also see where they are a thorn in my side. I have been able to witness a shift in society that has become softer than in the past. You are still going to run into extremely insensitive folks that are hidden or out in the front of society. I think that is a matter of perception. I perceive myself as more sensitive and open minded compared to my fellow construction industry peers. Meanwhile, an even more sensitive person may perceive my rugged construction worker edges as insensitive and abrasive. I would take that data in stride if offered. I'm quite sure that my construction chick viewpoints are not dainty at all. What is your perception of woke people? Are they good or bad in your opinion? Can you see the value despite being rather annoyed with the "in your face" approach? Are you afraid to speak up on them for fear of retribution? I considered that for a second before proceeding with tackling the question. I try to not allow fear to control many of my decisions. However, I do allow fear to keep me from doing extreme stuff like scuba diving, bungee jumping, and sky diving. The thought of swimming amongst sharks scares the crap out of me so I avoid it. I've done a few snorkeling trips and felt the fear creep up on me during the moment. One thing I wonder about woke people is if they often work within an echo chamber of like minded folks or do they actually challenge their thinking by immersing themselves with opposing views? I believe that opposing views can help yourself to become more knowledgeable on your approach to a topic. You can gain more of an understanding as to why you feel the way that you do. You may soften up your hardened approach by hearing out the other side (if they are logical and not combative). If you disagree with my input, let me know exactly how you came to that conclusion? I would be very interested in your take if it is the total opposite of mine. To gain more clarity on my view, read the posed question and my response down below: POSED QUESTION: "What is wrong with being "woke"?" -By Graham C Lindsay MY RESPONSE: "I actually think woke people serve a purpose in society. They even out the population of insensitive folks who rest on the other side of the coin. These people are actually standing up for social injustice regardless of whether or not they are actually impacted. Their method of revealing their thoughts is much better than folks in the past who opted to not speak up and let the dominant way of thinking to prevail. We all have a voice and a different way of viewing life. The downside to woke people is that I more than likely feel like I have to watch what I say and walk on eggshells when in their presence. It can sometimes feel like woke people are just looking for attention and looking to make mountains out of mole hills. That feature can be annoying. One must ask why do woke people expend so much energy on causes that don’t even impact them in the first place? It feels like the people who are impacted should be the folks to voice their displeasure at a particular cause. I would feel awkward being mad and extremely vocal about something that doesn’t even impact me. I wonder if the people, who are actually in the midst of the social cause, feel gratitude for the voices of these woke folks? With the invention of social media, opinions are very easy to be shared on the different platforms. How many voices are genuine anger and how many are just for social media clout? The woke people even make their presence known during a stand-up comedian’s monologue. One has to ask as to where is the platform where people can be free to speak their minds without someone feeling offended? In the past, a comedy skit was considered the judgement free zone. It’s an escape from reality since laughter is the best medicine. I find the woke people who interrupt a comedian to tell them that they are out of line to be annoying. It’s a comedy bit! Chances are high, someone is going to be offended. If you are very sensitive, then avoid going to comedy clubs. Speaking your truth is a challenge during modern times. We were told as kids to always tell the truth. The truth is bound to hurt someone’s feelings. There is nothing wrong with blocking or avoiding content that you do not agree with. I don’t think it’s fair to try to cancel a person who doesn’t share your view points. People like to censure people all of the way until it impacts their own words. By that point, it will be too late. Censuring others can and will bite you in a way previously not considered in the future. I’d rather know a person’s position versus being in the dark about it. There is value in full disclosure. I appreciate anything that provides balance in life. If I don’t like something, I will just avoid it. I don’t think I need to stress and put my health on edge for the sake of a social cause. That is just me. I’m aware that shouting on my soap box will only raise my blood pressure and not change society much. However, the woke crowd has shifted society to more tolerable levels, via finding a middle ground. The woke people work to shift society since there is strength in numbers. I know that life is better now than in the past. I’m sure that the woke force has had an impact on society. Much of the nonsense in the work force that happened years ago would not fly as well today. For every annoying feature, there are some benefits to the woke movement. I wish you much luck with finding some common ground! #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous” -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-is-wrong-with-being-woke/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 You are appreciated for hooking me up with a slice of your time to read my blog post today. Let me know your thoughts on my position? Yes, I know that I tackled another sensitive subject today. I need to find some comedy to balance out my content. What's your take on the woke people of society? How do you handle folks that oppose your view? I'm interested in reading views that are the polar opposite of mine. Now, you are aware by now that I'm not professing to have the best answer. I'm only offering a viewpoint that may not have been previously considered. Let me know your take down in the comment section below since other opinions are encouraged and embraced here on my website/blog. I'm sharing my latest (8) podcast episodes that come from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you read a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. This new short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, by all means, let me know what you think? Check out the links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. I'm here at work bored so I'm delivering some reading content to you. Have a great Monday since we are back to the beginning of the work/home week day grind. I wish you a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day!
Photo Credit: Call To Action Marketing Logo- John Collazo, CEO Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #41: Part A- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1G4Y14pAiw Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #42: Part B- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Nsbehf3Fbh0 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46: Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment