Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Advice: Meanings Of "I Never Asked" & "Fly By The Seat Of Your Pants"

Photo Credit: https://www.etsy.com/listing/611468676/fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants Hello Everyone! What's happening for you while you are on your Tuesday grind? I certainly wish you nothing but much success and luck on your life path. Here in the United States, we are approaching the upcoming Labor Day weekend. Before I proceed with the purpose of this blog post, I might as well share with you my latest Amazon promotions for some of my books. My first children's e-book entitled, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls" will be available again from August 31st to September 7th for $.99 cents on the Amazon United Kingdom market. I was able to add my edited teen version entitled, "Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life" to the Kindle Countdown Deal from August 31st to September 7th is also in the United Kingdom market. My first adult e-book entitled, "Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician" is not currently scheduled to be in the Kindle Countdown Deal for now. Let me know what Amazon market that you are in and I will work on a promotion in your region? Don't forget to check out my latest Tik Tok videos that are now published and available on YouTube. For this blog post, I'm sharing more Quora questions and my responses with you. For the first question, the topic is on the meaning behind the phrase, "I never asked". If said in a passive aggressive manner, I'd probably laugh after hearing it. I'm very accustomed to sarcastic construction workers. For the second topic, this subject is on the origin and meaning of the phrase, “fly by the seat of your pants”. This phrase came from the early days of aviation. I can't imagine the level of courage it took to fly around in a winged, metal contraption with a propeller on the front. They had some iron balls!! :P If the aviation industry was relying on me, we would be still taking the train. I have zero interest in taking those kinds of risks. I don't even like the idea of being stuck 100 ft. below in the ocean with an air tank strapped to my back. My biggest feat in the ocean is throwing a snorkel on my face and floating on the surface. I don't even want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane either. The funniest thing is that I take different risks by working with electricity for the past 29-years. I've been out in the rain in a bucket truck replacing a fuse cutout. You have to work fast to limit the arcing that happens when you are closing the circuit on the fuse. I've stood in the front and guided my partner who was cutting in a window in live distribution. If I fucked up, I would have gotten molten copper on my body and disfigurement. As a kid, I climbed 100-ft. redwood trees without really thinking about the consequences. At the end of the day, we all take different types of risks. What are your thoughts on the two raised topics today? What kind of risks are YOU willing to take? Share those risks down in the comment section. Go ahead and read even further for the posed questions and the matching responses below: POSED QUESTION #1: "What does the phrase "I never asked" mean?" By: Renata Flores Apelo MY RESPONSE #1: "Haha!! I’d hope I would laugh if I heard this phrase! I most certainly would if I heard it at work. After all, construction workers are full of sarcasm and passive aggressive one liners. :) It’s a passive aggressive way of telling a person to shut up. It is indirect despite feeling like it is a direct way to speak one’s mind. On the other side of the coin, it could also be a way for the person speaking to express that they didn’t ask the questions that they should have asked. Sometimes people don’t want to ask questions since they feel like they are prying. The downfall of not asking is that you don’t get the necessary answers. At the end of the day, just be sure to understand the flow of the conversation and don’t assume. If it’s not clear, ask for clarity. I wish you luck on your life path! #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" By: Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-phrase-I-never-asked-mean/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 POSED QUESTION #2: "Where exactly did the phrase “fly by the seat of your pants” come from?" By: Marisa Neu MY RESPONSE #2: "According to the web of knowledge that’s readily available on the internet, “fly by the seat of your pants” means to rely on instinct rather than logic or knowledge. For some, that works well. For others, they are merely reacting blindly. This phrase was launched during the early days of flying the first planes. The phrase first appeared in 1938 in the tale of Douglas Corrigan’s flight from the US to Ireland. The Edwards Intelligencer used the term in its 1938 article describing the feats of the flight. “Douglas Corrigan was described as an aviator ‘who flies by the seat of his pants’ today by a mechanic who helped him rejuvenate the plane which airport men have now nicknamed the ‘Spirit of $69.90.’ For some, getting that feedback means that the observer has determined that it’s obvious that the person is just winging it and has no idea what they are really doing. In a best case scenario, the person managed to do great and that was totally a fluke since they looked really unprepared like an amateur. If the mission is successful, it’s a compliment. If it is not successful, not so much of a compliment. Then again, I give people credit for accomplishing something never done before. Planes and modern technology would not exist if it wasn’t for those courageous pioneers. After all, people who play it safe rarely land in the history textbooks. There are many folks who would not be happy unless they are engaged in risky behavior. May you have much luck and success on your life path. #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" By: Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/Where-exactly-did-the-phrase-fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants-come-from/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 I appreciate you for taking time to read my blog post content like a detective today. Don't forget to follow me at leslie_m_jasper on Tik Tok or Verbally Disastrous on YouTube. Share your feedback on my content down in the comment section at the bottom of the blog post. If you appreciate listening to podcasts, I encourage you to review my last (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. My last short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, let me know your thoughts? Feel free to go ahead and check out the many links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. Finish up your Tuesday shift and think about quality time with your peeps tonight. Have yourself a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day!
Photo Credit: Safety First Training Academy Logo Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #49: Just Released Not All Girls Play With Dolls!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/go1FdOI5eYY Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #50: My First 7 Weeks As A Site Safety Manager on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_DKA-q72dNw I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #womenempowerment, #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF22 #LBF22 #BEA22 #IKBF22 #KLF22 #HKTDC22 #GBF22 #IIBF22 #LATFOB22 #SIBF22 #FILBO22 #EIBF22 #BAIBF22 #MIBF22 #BIDLDSP22 #BS22 #BBF22 #HIBF22 #IBTAF22 #IBBF22 #ITEF22 #JLF22 #JIBF22 #LBF22 #NDWBF22 #TiBE22 #TIBF22 #BCBF22 #LIVREPARIS22 #SDLDM22 #HBF22 #FIL22 #IIBF22 #SBF22 #BuchWein22 #VIBF22 #ADIBF22 #AIPF22 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment