Thursday, July 21, 2022

Advice: Discussing Habitual Dumping & Awake But Not Woke

Photo Credits: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224570825494 Hello Everyone! How's life on your side of the globe on this Thursday afternoon?? Do your best to stay cool and dry!! This is damn near impossible while working within warm locations around the globe! Also do your best to keep your sense of humor throughout the remainder of this week. I've always been a fan of laughing at least once each day. My co-worker and I did a pipe scaffold inspection today. I'm blessed to be able to retreat to my air-conditioned office and write out this blog post for your reading pleasure. Before deep diving into this blog post "pond", allow me to share my first children's book that's entitled, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls" that is available in e-book, paperback, and hardcover on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes. Additionally, I'm also sharing my first adult e-book entitled, "Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician". I'm pleased and totally honored to be able to share with you a duel slice of Quora advice today. This first piece of advice, I dug into the crate and found an aged Quora response. This advice was written about 10-months ago. Despite it being an older response, I saw the value in the content and opted to share it with you. This next chosen topic is on the subject of habitual dumping that happens during a conversation. Like with any revisited Quora response, I'm highly tempted to edit and expand on the initial response. However, those were my thoughts during that particular timeframe. Therefore, I have opted to leave it be. I'm not really a fan of folks who use the phrase, "how are you" as the green light to dump their problems on me. I don't think that asking for a person's general well being would be my green light to unload my issues either. I don't favorably view people who use any conversation opening to cry about their plight. We are all in the struggle with our own lives and people need to remember that. I find people who don't get that as selfish in nature. My second topic of the day is on the discussion of being "awake but not woke". Despite the fact that this subject could be considered controversial, I opted to take a stab at it anyways. The goal is to not ruffle emotional feathers; just to provide a topic to think about. Believe it or not, I'm one of those chicks who isn't very fond of discussion on politics. However, I do see the value in seeing the evolution of the collective mindset. I also see the value of the various extreme voices on either side of the coin. I take what both sides into consideration when forming my own thoughts on the topic. The beauty is that my thoughts on almost every topic can shift and evolve as I review new data. It's no surprise that I'm always game to hear your thoughts on any advice that I offer in my blog posts. Feel free to leave your thoughts down the in comment section below. Go ahead and continue reading what I have selected for you down below: POSED QUESTION #1: "Is habitual dumping considered conversation?" -By Pinky Pinkerton MY RESPONSE #1: "I have never heard the term “habitual dumping” before. I went to see the advice of others and there is not much to review. I tried looking it up in the Urban Dictionary with not much luck. When I think of habitual dumping, I think of a person who gets with others to exclusively dump their problems onto others during conversation. They see others as a means of unloading their problems. That can be such a draining experience if each and every time you have a chat with a person, they drop off their baggage of problems. I envision a person with negative energy who opts to transfer their negative energy onto others. Technically, that is considered a conversation. However, it is not a good conversation to look forward to having with that toxic person. A person who does it constantly is a very selfish person. After all, misery loves company. Anyone who does this each and every time is a selfish prick!! I wish you luck with dodging these types of energy vampires! #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/Is-habitual-dumping-considered-conversation/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3 POSED QUESTION #2: "What is another way of saying “awake but not woke”, and when did this expression become popular?" -By Barbara Young Capalbo MY RESPONSE #2: "My interpretation of this catch phrase is that the speaking is informing others that they have their eyes fully open as to what’s going on around them. However, they are not choosing to think within the similar thought process of the woke crowd. Being aware of societal issues is crucial with understanding current behavior and predicting future behaviors of members throughout a society. Having an open mindset with the ability to heavily observe and take notes of members within society is key to being awake within the midst of societal issues. It’s helpful to think about solutions for those observed societal issues. The solutions may not necessarily be accepted by society. Despite potential rejection, it’s helpful to at least the start the conversation about fixing issues that plague the hearts and minds of many. It takes many discussions over many years to get a large group to shift the collective mindset and get on the same page about fixing some major societal issues. I find value with the mindsets of the most extreme members of society. I believe they cause a minor shift in the overall mindset of the collective within each society. For every group of folks with an extreme viewpoint, these all people work to shift the collective mindset slightly towards some middle ground. Finding an equal balance somewhere in the middle on various societal issues would be ideal to me. I imagine this phrase has been popular for the past 10-years thanks to various social media platforms. As a latchkey child from the 80’s, I’ve gotten the pleasure of seeing the slow evolution of the mindset of society. It wasn’t that long ago where people smoked on planes, the doctor’s office, and in bars. Never mind the mind blowing, shameful fact of a human owning another human less than 200-years ago! Here in the United States, people of the same sex got the right to marry and divorce if they so choose a few years ago. You don’t have to be woke in order to appreciate the power of personal choice. Just when it feels like society’s mindset evolves at a snail’s pace, it’s helpful to think about some examples of societal progress. When I picked up my trade as an electrician back in the early 1990’s, men were way more vocal in expressing their displeasure with me on the jobsite. Thankfully, in the 29-years of my non-traditional career, I don’t hear no where near the same pushback compared to where I first started. You can never get every single person on board with any issue. I count my blessings when I recognize that people, who have an issue with my presence, can’t stop me from performing my job. I thank the most extreme viewpoints in society for allowing me to get a foot in the door with the initial opportunity. This opportunity didn’t come from the silent members of society. It’s totally true that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Over time, that squeaky wheel slightly shifts how society conducts itself collectively. You don’t have to like/love what others do. Just don’t be the one that stands in the way. May you have much success on your life path with very few interruptions with what you set out to do! #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-is-another-way-of-saying-awake-but-not-woke-and-when-did-this-expression-become-popular I thank you for allowing yourself to sift rigorously throughout my various advice posts. My goal was to not stir up your emotions with these topics that I have presented today. I'm aware that this is a challenge for some. At the very least, have them in the back of your mind to chew on. If you so choose, share how you feel on the chosen topics today, by dropping your thoughts in the comment section at the bottom of the blog post. If you get into listening to podcasts, I encourage you to review my last (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. My last short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, let me know your thoughts? While we are at it, go ahead and check out the many links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. It's time for me to go back out in the heat and humidity and observe the crews. Kindly go back to your Thursday tasks so that you may finish up, go home, and relax on the couch if you so choose. I'm rooting for you if you have to head to your second job tonight after your first job! I remember that grind back in my early-mid 20's. Hopefully I can dig up some more interesting content so that I may disrupt your day shortly. Have yourself a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #49: Just Released Not All Girls Play With Dolls!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/go1FdOI5eYY Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #50: My First 7 Weeks As A Site Safety Manager on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_DKA-q72dNw I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF22 #LBF22 #BEA22 #IKBF22 #KLF22 #HKTDC22 #GBF22 #IIBF22 #LATFOB22 #SIBF22 #FILBO22 #EIBF22 #BAIBF22 #MIBF22 #BIDLDSP22 #BS22 #BBF22 #HIBF22 #IBTAF22 #IBBF22 #ITEF22 #JLF22 #JIBF22 #LBF22 #NDWBF22 #TiBE22 #TIBF22 #BCBF22 #LIVREPARIS22 #SDLDM22 #HBF22 #FIL22 #IIBF22 #SBF22 #BuchWein22 #VIBF22 #ADIBF22 #AIPF22 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment