Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Advice: Best Way To Apologize & Meaning Of A Tight Crew

Not All Girls Play With DollsNot All Girls Play With Dolls by Leslie M. Jasper




View all my reviews Photo Credits: Goodreads.com Review Hello Everyone! How are you beating the heat on this steamy Wednesday afternoon?? As I have tried all week, I'm still trying to hide out within my air-conditioned field as much as possible. How's life going for you on your side of the globe today? Stay cool and try to keep your sense of humor throughout the rest of this week. Hopefully, you are totally kicking ass and taking names with your goals on this warm day today? Before we dive right into this blog post, allow me to share my first children's book that's entitled, "Not All Girls Play With Dolls" that is available in e-book, paperback, and hardcover on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iTunes. Additionally, I'm also sharing my first adult e-book entitled, "Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician". Now, let's jump right into today's two-for-one advice blog post, courtesy of Quora, for your reading pleasure and momentary escape from reality. This first piece of advice is on the art of an apology. I don't think anyone is a fan of facing the music in the aftermath of some hurt feelings. Despite the displeasure, it is best to just own it, convey one's apology with sincerity, and then keep it moving. The hardest part is owning any part of pain that I may have genuinely inflicted on someone. It sure as hell doesn't feel good. My second topic of choice is on the meaning behind working with what is known as a, "tight crew". It is a phrase that I've heard often. It is a phrase that perhaps I take the meaning behind it for granted. It makes sense that the meaning is somewhat fuzzy with exactly what it means. If English was not my first language and I was unfamiliar with types of slang used, I would also scratch my head in bewilderment as well. I have the home field advantage of both being from New York City and having a teenager. This city is the absolute melting pot with every person from pretty much any part of the world. I love this region of the United States and do not want to be anywhere else. I'm sure I will change my tune by the time it's time to retire. I will want to go somewhere more low key and affordable in regards to the cost of living. Because of my background, I am familiar with how this particular term is meant. My fellow construction workers use this type of slang alot too. I was just told today that I speak way too proper for a construction worker. For the time being, I work with a lot of Spanish laborers with broken English. Depending on the pool of people, I myself can sound like I'm speaking a foreign language if I'm not careful. A tight crew are loyal and will look out for each other like they would family. At the end of the day, it doesn't get any better than that. As you already know, I'm open to hearing another way of viewing this phrase or any other advice that I drop in my blog posts. Now dip your toe in the Quora pool, via reading what I have selected for you down below: POSED QUESTION #1: "What's the best way to apologize when you can't think of the right words?" -Quora General Question MY RESPONSE #1: "I’m a fan of being rather direct with an apology or a lack thereof. Most people do not respect a bunch of hot air. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words. However, I am a fan of putting thought into an apology. I would be honest and say that the situation has deeply impacted me. I need time to properly sort out my thoughts so that I can apologize in the most meaningful way possible. Then I’d be sure to acknowledge how my actions have impacted others. After taking time to re-group, I would then say what was on my mind with the apology. Calm environments are the best atmospheres for reflecting on previous actions and/or words. Actions always trump words no matter how fancy the words come out. It would be my duty to be better moving forward. May you have much success on your life path and forced to offer the least amount of apologies as possible. #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-best-way-to-apologize-when-you-cant-think-of-the-right-words/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 POSED QUESTION #2: "What does it mean to work with a tight crew?" -By Dina Chen MY RESPONSE #2: "I interpret a tight crew as a close knit group of co-workers or a band of good friends. The group of co-workers and/or friends each look out for one other and made the work day flow much better. In some work environments, the crews can each pitch in to complete the tasks collectively and swiftly. They may even pick up the slack for an absent co-worker who needed to handle personal affairs. The vibe on projects where the crew is tight oftentimes will be warm, friendly, cohesive, fun, and very easy to be around. In reference to a group of friends, they treat each other like family. A tight crew can all collectively have their affairs in proper order. They can be considered to be top of their game on an individual and/or group level. The description of the crew is considered positive in the highest regard. Being considered like family is one of the best compliments to offer. May you have great success and luck on your life path! #ConstructionTales #VerballyDisastrous #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls" -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-to-work-with-a-tight-crew/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3 I appreciate your choice to randomly park yourself throughout my blog posts. Share a piece of your mind, on the chosen topics today, by dropping your two cents down in the comment section below. If you are into podcasts, I encourage you to review my last (8) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. My last short story #11 is entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. The previous short story is #10 is entitled, "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". If anyone has read any of my other previous short stories, let me know your thoughts? While we are at it, go ahead and check out the many links for my book #ConstructionTales down below. Now this is all that I have for you for the moment. It's time to return to your hump day Wednesday agenda my friend. I plan on re-connecting with you again very soon. Have yourself a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! Link To Construction Tales: Volume I: A Woman's Journey To Become An Electrician (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Womans-Journey-Electrician/dp/1467960160 Link To Construction Tales: A Young Person's Guide To Accomplish Anything In Life (Paperback & Kindle) On Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Construction-Tales-Persons-Accomplish-Anything/dp/1497593115 U.S.A.: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/B07P5PNCS7/?source_code=AUDFPWS0223189MWT-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_us United Kingdom: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.co.uk/pd/B07P5PP7RW/?source_code=AUKFrDlWS02231890H6-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_uk France, Belgium, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.fr/pd/B07P7RYP4G/?source_code=FRAORWS022318903B-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_fr Germany, Austria, Switzerland: Use This Link For The Audio Version Of My Book #ConstructionTales On Audible: https://www.audible.de/pd/B07P8W3MVY/?source_code=EKAORWS0223189009-BK-ACX0-144253&ref=acx_bty_BK_ACX0_144253_rh_de VERBALLY DISASTROUS PODCAST EPISODE LINKS: Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU Verbally Disastrous! Season #2, Episode #46:Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice On YouTube: https://youtu.be/IcQ4-uGankA Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #47: Part A- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/qWhf4lGmcXo Verbally Disastrous Podcast! S#2, Ep. #48: Part B- Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools on YouTube: https://youtu.be/wO8nXSRw7sU Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #49: Just Released Not All Girls Play With Dolls!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/go1FdOI5eYY Verbally Disastrous Podcast- S#2, Episode #50: My First 7 Weeks As A Site Safety Manager on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_DKA-q72dNw I recently shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. This is short story #11 entitled, "Juggling Motherhood & Working With The Tools". This short story covers my life as a widowed, single mother in the era when I juggled both motherhood and my career as a journeywoman electrician. I share the various challenges I faced and lessons learned along the way. The previous short story is entitled: #10: "Early Life Lessons & Characters To Meet As An Apprentice". I decided to write about some life lessons such as guarding your personal information, managing nasty rumors, combating sexual harassment, gender discrimination, and racism. Overall, the construction culture has improved dramatically over the past 25-years. Developing both a thick skin and a sharp tongue are key tools needed to survive various jobsite antics. I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. These short stories are now also available as Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (11) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!! https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #CTAMarketing, #PhotacularImagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF22 #LBF22 #BEA22 #IKBF22 #KLF22 #HKTDC22 #GBF22 #IIBF22 #LATFOB22 #SIBF22 #FILBO22 #EIBF22 #BAIBF22 #MIBF22 #BIDLDSP22 #BS22 #BBF22 #HIBF22 #IBTAF22 #IBBF22 #ITEF22 #JLF22 #JIBF22 #LBF22 #NDWBF22 #TiBE22 #TIBF22 #BCBF22 #LIVREPARIS22 #SDLDM22 #HBF22 #FIL22 #IIBF22 #SBF22 #BuchWein22 #VIBF22 #ADIBF22 #AIPF22 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment