Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back Cover Snapshot of the Book


Strap on your work boots and put on your hard hat.  Let me take you on a sheetrock dusted journey to see what it is like to work within the construction industry.  The work is hard, the environment is unforgiving, and the jobsite can be either extremely hot or cold.  Almost 17 years ago, I stepped foot into a male-dominated work environment.  Despite the lack of a warm embrace, I pushed my way into this world to learn the trade.  I showed my many mentors that I wanted to be here and was ready to learn and work.  After some grit and sweat, I worked my way out of my apprenticeship to become a journeywoman electrician.  I earned a great working reputation within my trade and some aches and pains along the way.  I work with guys from all backgrounds and all walks of life; and a few females that share my goal to be called journeywomen.  Construction workers do not care that you do not feel up to the challenge that day.  You must suck it up and get the job done!  You will witness what it is like on a weekly basis to work within my industry.  Every story in this book is real.  The names of my co-workers have been changed to protect the innocent….or the guilty!  I must warn you that this book is not for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment