Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Advice On Triumphing Past The Fear Of Failure

Photo Credit: www.psychologytoday.com Hello Everyone! How are you spending your time on your post holiday Tuesday evening!? In light of people getting sick at an exponential rate lately, I hope you have a safe, happy, and healthy year. Try your best to not get sick and stay healthy. I opted to find you another question from Quora so that we can review and chew on the details together. This chosen topic is about the fear of failure. Why not share how to push past the fear of failure and to push on to smash your goals? I decided to also tackle this question by thinking about what I would do if I was in this situation. I shared a story about my time in the U.S. Navy Seabees in 'A' electrical school. As part of the schooling, we had to climb 45-foot utility poles and perform a pole top rescue. One of my biggest fears was falling from the utility pole and getting a proper time on my pole top rescue. Without giving away the journey, I won't give further details and spoil the opportunity to read the response. Therefore, here is the posed question and my response listed below: POSED QUESTION: "What is the fear of being a failure called?" -By Babatunde Peter MY RESPONSE: "There is actually a technical term for the fear of failure. The term atychiphobia means that a person has an irrational fear of failure. Sometimes this fear might emerge in response to a specific situation. In other cases, it might be related to another mental health condition such as anxiety or depression. I have empathy for anyone who goes further down into the pits of fear. In an effort help people spot their own fear of failure, I’m sharing 10 signs that you may have a fear of failure. Here are 10 signs that you may have a fear of failure: 1. Failing makes you worry about what other people think about you. 2. Failing makes you worry about your ability to pursue the future you desire. 3. Failing makes you worry that people will lose interest in you. 4. Failing makes you worry about how smart or capable you are. 5. Failing makes you worry about disappointing people whose opinion you value. 6. You tend to tell people beforehand that you don’t expect to succeed in order to lower their expectations. 7. Once you fail at something, you have trouble imagining what you could have done differently to succeed. 8. You often get last-minute headaches, stomach aches, or other physical symptoms that prevent you from completing your preparation. 9. You often get distracted by tasks that prevent you from completing your preparation which, in hindsight, were not as urgent as they seemed at the time. 10. You tend to procrastinate and "run out of time" to complete you preparation adequately. Psychology Today Article Link: 10 Signs That You Might Have Fear of Failure ... and 2 ways to overcome it and succeed. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-squeaky-wheel/201306/10-signs-you-might-have-fear-failure I personally believe that everyone has a fear of failure. Perhaps the people who don’t fear it are not as vested in the results or carry ultra confidence in their own ability to achieve success. Thinking back, I have passed on a few opportunities due to my fear of failure. On the other hand, my stubbornness and sheer desire to accomplish a goal overshadowed the fear of not accomplishing it. On the other hand, I have warriored through some challenges in my life. I will share one crazy story where I had to push through my intense fear in order to smash a goal. I first entered the construction trade, as a woman, back in the early 1990’s. I had a dad who gassed me up telling me that I was smart, strong, and capable of anything. I carried that with me into my ‘A’ school in the U.S. Navy Seabees as I was becoming an electrician as an 18-year old kid. As part of my ‘A’ school, I had to climb 45-foot utility poles with climbing gear. Despite my intense fear of falling and hitting the bottom, I forced myself to push past my fear and keep going. I believe that my fear of not finishing what I started pushed me past my fear of falling. I saw guys fall off the pole and it wasn’t pretty. I saw one guy’s pants rip open while wooden splinters went into his skin while he dropped to the ground. Seeing that accident made climbing even harder than it was before. My uniform was soaked and wet with sweat each day I climbed. Toward the end of the schooling, I managed to fall 20-feet and went in an ambulance with (2) possibly broken legs. Instead, I had shin splints and bad ankles. I had to work rigorously in physical therapy to get myself well enough to rejoin my team. Thankfully, I healed enough to get back on the field with my classmates. Any fear of possibly falling was amplified since I actually experienced the pain and suffering of falling. The hardest thing ever was pushing myself to climb again once the doctor cleared me for duty. The task remained of a timed pole top rescue. This task required me to climb the pole, place a fallen 200 lb. dummy on my back, and bring them back down to the ground. I pushed past my fear of pain from falling again and worked on the pole top rescue. To my surprise, I passed the challenge with a time of around 4-minutes. I believe I feared more of being pushed out of the Seabees program and working somewhere else within the Navy for the duration of my active duty obligation. I had to focus on the prize and not the fear itself. We all have encountered fears that come from different experiences. You have to want the prize and push that fear to the back of your mind. If anything, use that fear as fuel to go after what you desire to accomplish. The adrenaline rush that comes from your fear can put you in warrior mode. You have to figure out how to harness it and block out anyone who extends negative energy your way. I wish you much luck and success on your journey towards overpowering fear and going after your heart’s desire." -By Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-fear-of-being-a-failure-called/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 I thank you for dedicating a dose of your attention to swing over right here on my blog. Let me know your thoughts on my take on the posed Quora question? Leave your feedback in the comment section down below. I'm sharing my latest (7) podcast episodes that are listed down below from The Verbally Disastrous Podcast, via links for Spotify & YouTube down below. If you are into reading on a Kindle, check out my newest short story release that belongs to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library short story series on Amazon down below. Short story #9 is entitled, "I'm Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick!". I released short story #9 and it went live last month. I have to finish editing short story #10 so that is coming when I feel better. If anyone has read any of my other short stories, by all means let me know what you think? I have some irons in the fire as far as some more upcoming podcast guests for after the holidays. I even have an acquaintance who is a practicing Satanist. I'm curious as to his/her path from transitioning from being a Catholic to a Satanist. I have sent out the questions so he/she can prepare for the interview. I need more time to heal up from this illness since speaking is tough without coughing. Therefore, I am pushing the interview towards next week. Melissa and I need to find time to discuss our impending topic on our most embarrassing moments. It's now time for me to work on some projects that have been on the back burner. Now go carry on with your Tuesday schedule during this new work week. I wish you a great morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful or productive day! The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring:
https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Verbally Disastrous Presents- Season #1, Episode #39: Part A-Most Random Encounters!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/LytA9jnxdbQ Verbally Disastrous Presents- Season #1, Episode #40: Part B-Most Random Encounters!! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/5ZMXoSWFyuA Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #41: Part A- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Q1G4Y14pAiw Verbally Disastrous Season #1, Ep. #42: Part B- Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/Nsbehf3Fbh0 Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #43: Part A- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6XzVL9ybKHA Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #44: Part B- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFDLB5talUo Verbally Disastrous! Season #1, Episode #45: Part C- Tramping In Cali! on YouTube: https://youtu.be/nYRVJNya0lU I shared my latest short story that has been loaded up to my Construction Tales-Told By A Woman Kindle Vella Library on Amazon. The latest short story is entitled: #9: "I'm Working On The Railroad With The Tools As A Chick!". I decided to write about some stories from when I worked with the tools on the railroad. I shared a story of saving a co-worker from a near death experience! I hope you learn something from this short story. There are more to come. This short story is now also available as two Verbally Disastrous podcast episodes. Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (9) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!!
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM The Photacular Imagery Website- By Photography Artist Brian Reyes: https://www.photacularimagery.com/ Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Reason, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #Photacular Imagery, #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment