Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Advice On Signs You Hate Your Job!

Photo Credit: www.theladders.com Hello Everyone! Hopefully you are having a decent week while back on the grind? Don't worry, you get to spend next week with family and friends for Thanksgiving! I cannot believe that we're approaching the holidays already!! I will have my two sons with me on Turkey Day so I'm making a mini feast. Because of Covid-19, we missed breaking bread last Thanksgiving. I wish for you to enjoy the holidays, if you indeed celebrate, with your beloved friends and family. If you celebrate a different holiday this month, let me know. I believe I shared in my blog, from last year, a handful of holidays that are celebrated elsewhere on the globe. Remind me of your holiday since I didn't retain the information. Getting older sucks. Now let's talk about my latest piece of advice. This gem is again courtesy of Quora. I found a requested question on Quora that sought my advice. This question is on the topic of the signs that you hate your job. I decided to go down the rabbit hole and respond. Now, I am not really the type to bitch and moan about a job and just stay there. Then again, maybe when I discuss a topic, it is perceived as bitching and moaning. :P I would say that I am sharing an experience and giving it a voice. Ideally, I would rather find another job if I was free to do so. However, as a union member, I know that I have to take my assignment and tough out the project until the layoff. Therefore, I get it when you make the best of a shitty project and co-workers. If you do not belong to a union and are free to leave, by all means leave. They say that if you love your job, you are not really working. I disagree with that sentiment since you need to get dressed and leave your warm bed, especially on early cold mornings, and family several hours a day. We should all strive for finding the fun in our jobs. I have absolutely done that on the most miserable jobs. I have danced in a cold, muddy trench with my coworkers in my rubber boots and rain gear while installing rigid and/or PVC conduit. It felt like a mission to make my co-workers laugh and joke with me while doing a miserable job. I've been on deck jobs where the wind, rain, and snow where whipping on the upper levels. The wind was at least 20 MPH from the Long Island Sound and it was throwing equipment and material wildly on deck. Despite the exterior conditions, it is just time to focus on the task and get a few laughs out of your partner. Have you made the best out of your rough job environment? Let me know what you think on this topic? What comes to mind when you think about being miserable at work? If you have a different take, I'd love to hear it. Here is the question and my response below. POSED QUESTION: "What are some sure signs that someone doesn’t like their job?" -by Devin Swycinsky MY RESPONSE: "There are many signs that someone doesn’t like their job. Some are funny meanwhile others are straight depressing! :P I’m sure I could go on for days with examples. Here are just some examples of miserable people who keeping showing up to work day after day: You show up to work absolutely piss drunk! You bring the booze bottles to work and continue to stay drunk You cringe when you think back to the younger, more naïve you that was so proud when you first started working there You deliberately go extra sloowww when your superior asks you to do something ASAP/STAT You find excuses not to go to any social work events that would require you to spend extra time with your coworkers for FREE You've forged great coworker friendships from bonding over your mutual hatred of your boss You've perfected that whole 'looking busy' thing (point to the ceiling and “look worried” whenever your boss is around) You spend a large portion of your working day searching and applying for other jobs These new job managers reach out to your current manager to discuss your past performance even while you are still working there You bore the tits off everyone in your life with your bitching and moaning about how bad the damn job is! You've stopped going for that new potential promotion because you know you'll be outta there soon enough You don't “dress for success” anymore at this miserable job You and your equally bitter work-BFF's have therapeutic group chat discussions 24/7 about all the work drama You've become a cliché emotional eater because of the stress of it all and keep your stash in the lower drawers of the desk and office fridge (put skull and cross bones on your fridge stash) You've begun to use “FML” in your text conversations more than you use the term “LOL” The fine line between that cheery yet super fake smile and “I-want-to-kill-you” grimace blurs more and more each and every damn day You literally will do the absolute bare minimum of work that is just enough to not get fired You've have realized it's weirdly refreshing, carefree, and liberating to not care at all as to what your boss thinks about your performance anymore" -Leslie M. Jasper https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-sure-signs-that-someone-doesn-t-like-their-job/answer/Leslie-Jasper-3?prompt_topic_bio=1 Let me know your thoughts on my advice if you would take a different approach in the comment section down below. Now my objective of the advice was more so humor than actual practice. If I am miserable at a job, I would work to leave and start elsewhere. If you have some extra thoughts to contribute, let me know that as well. You are highly appreciated for stopping by my post. It is time to go off and work on some other tasks. I have been sharing my (4) latest podcast episodes on over +20 podcast platforms and YouTube. For two episodes, I got my retired high voltage splicer buddy to share some of his crazy career stories out of the manholes he worked in over many years. My two latest podcast episodes are my thoughts and experience from the 2008 Recession. Don't forget to check out my (8) Kindle Vella short stories on Amazon as well. I even have sketchbooks, journals, dream journals, graphing paper journals, etc. that can be found on Amazon under my name. Now, make sure to have yourself a productive and enjoyable Tuesday. I wish you a fabulous morning/afternoon/evening on your side of the globe and a restful and/or productive day!
Here is the link to The Verbally Disastrous Store on Tee-Spring. I had a friend ask me about opening up a store to pick up some merchandise. We have a wide variety of custom Verbally Disastrous logo items available. I am open to product suggestions as well. The Verbally Disastrous Store On Tee-Spring: https://my-store-c1f946.creator-spring.com Here is the link to the Verbally Disastrous Podcast on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2dFYgX4dUiHaMfJ4gigLY0?si=KcR-D8RyRnKGk1wuPOqa1Q&dl_branch=1 Here is Verbally Disastrous Presents- Season #1, Episode #35: Donny's High Voltage Career Stories-Part A on YouTube: https://youtu.be/-XVR0l0F9cQ Here is Verbally Disastrous Presents- Season #1, Episode #36: Donny's High Voltage Career Stories-Part B on YouTube: https://youtu.be/FrmfkR3oVlE Season #1, Episode #37: Part A- Surviving The 2008 Recession As A Construction Worker on YouTube: https://youtu.be/kCC7TJRrg50 Season #1, Episode #38: Part B- Surviving The 2008 Recession As A Construction Worker on YouTube: https://youtu.be/-IbHE9P5kdQ Construction Tales- Told By A Woman: (8) Kindle Vella Short Stories On Amazon!!
https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/product/B096N8NSGM Cheers! Leslie M. Jasper -Author And Host of the #VerballyDisastrous podcast now alive on many platforms that include: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Soundtrap, Spotify, Stitcher, Tune In, and YouTube. -The Audio Blog: Verbally Disastrous Podcast And Construction Tales Blog. Now available on: Acast, Amazon Music, Anchor, Apple Podcasts, Breaker, Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, I Heart Radio, Listen Notes, Overcast, Pandora Podcasts, Player FM, Pocket Casts, Pod Bean, Podchaser, Podcast Addict, Podcast Gang, Radio Public, Soundcloud, Spotify, Stitcher, and Tune In. #KindleVella, #FreeBritney, #AmazonMusic, #AnastasiaTaranenko, #Fiverr, #Tad_Art, #PandoraPodcasts, #Soundtrap, #ConstructionTales, #audio, #intro, #fun, #hot, #mess, #creations, #Connecticut, #NewYork, #family, #foolery, #podcast, #Spotify, #VerballyDisastrous, #new, #topics, #howto, #secrets, #women, #powerful, #strong, #shorts, #men, #teen, #trynottolaugh, #edgy, #realistic, #explicit, #mature, #shocking, #thoughtprovoking, #fresh, #dark, #mustwatch, #Soundcloud, #YouTube, #Johnny, #creative, #IABX, #Reddit, #community, #Leslie@VerbDisastrous, #strongwomen, #womaninconstruction, #empower, #gender, #ICanDOIT, #femalerenovator, #renovation, #project, #womanconstructionproject, #strong, #slideshow, #2013Project, #learnbywatching, #girlpower, #sheetrock, #tape, #electrical, #plumbing, #tile, #dust, #dirt, #debris, #basement, #paint, #renovate, #insulation, #hihats, #wiring, #metalstuds, #screws, #workout, #Johnny, #promo, #videos, #creative, #sons, #discusswithmom, #topics, #Tom, #openconversation, #Johnny, episodes, #LotLizard, #AmazonPrime, #video, #documentary, #Netflix, #gorillaglue, #gorilla, #glue, #spray, #gorillagluewoman, #hair, #hairsurgery, #LosAngeles, #DrObeng, #plasticsurgeon, #alcoholic, #drinks, #testing, #episodes, #release, #soon, #alcoholic #samples, #RevelStoke, #NewAmsterdam, #PinkWhitney, #WickedPickle, #BirdDog, #blackberry, #whiskey, #vodka, #99Bananas, #OleSmokey, #Tswoooh23_, #videogaming, #streaming, #OSHA502, #renewal, #trainthetrainer, #RIT, #Anchor, #Breaker, #GooglePodcasts, #PocketCasts, #RadioPublic, #article, #life, #apprentice, #ComedyCentral, #skit, #JessaReid, #ApplePodcasts, #Deezer, #Podchaser, #PodBean, #TuneIn, #Castbox, #PlayerFM, #iHeartRadio, #Stitcher, #Acast, #PodcastGang, #PodcastAddict, #ziplining, #AdventurePark, #presskit, #SayNoToRapists, #JusticeForUwa, #NotAllGirlsPlayWithDolls #Scholastic #nonfiction #bookstagram #DropEverythingAndRead #SpringBookFair2021 #LoveOfReading #Reading #ConstructionTales #books #funny #NYC #podcast #Spotify #VerballyDisastrous #bookfair #bookjoy #ReadAnywhere #LoveToRead #AllForBooks #Adult #FBF21 #LBF21 #BEA21 #IKBF21 #KLF21 #HKTDC21 #GBF21 #IIBF21 #LATFOB21 #SIBF21 #FILBO21 #EIBF21 #BAIBF21 #MIBF21 #BIDLDSP21 #BS21 #BBF21 #HIBF21 #IBTAF21 #IBBF21 #ITEF21 #JLF21 #JIBF21 #LBF21 #NDWBF21 #TiBE21 #TIBF21 #BCBF21 #LIVREPARIS21 #SDLDM21 #HBF21 #FIL21 #IIBF21 #SBF21 #BuchWein21 #VIBF21 #ADIBF21 #AIPF21 #bookstagram #book #bukuislami #b #bukumurah #islamicbookfair #buku #booklover #bukusejarah #buchberlin #booklove #cher #bookshelf #internationalbookfair #bookholic #jualbuku #jualbukumurah #reading #obralbuku #bukuindie #bukujogja #tokobukumurah #buchmesse #langka #pasarbuku #bukulangka #bhfyp #jualbelibukuonline #onlineshop #jualanonline #booklovers #anresbooks #readingbooks #booksofinstagram #boekuitstalling #buch #bookish #buchberlinkids #tokobukuonline #boimela #lesen #bookworm #poetry #gontor #fbm #bazarbuku #bookreview #berlin #read #writer #berlinerbuchmesse #buchmesseberlin #author #instabooks #boekverkoping #virtualbookfair #bookaddict

No comments:

Post a Comment